The Student Room Group

King's College London GEM (A102) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michael04
If any one is up for wandering around campus/london with me I would welcome some company! I've never been so I'll be exploring solo for the first time!

Original post by nug
When is your interview? I've also not been before so would be keen to explore the campus. I'm on the 9th at 2:15

Posted from TSR Mobile

9th, 10.15 here!
Original post by yurilein93
9th, 10.15 here!

Yuri - will you be at uni beforehand? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Michael04
If any one is up for wandering around campus/london with me I would welcome some company! I've never been so I'll be exploring solo for the first time!

I work at bank so I'm taking a half day for the interview- mines at 3.15 on the 9th so I'll definitely have some time beforehand and kings is only a 10-15min walk from my office.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nug
When is your interview? I've also not been before so would be keen to explore the campus. I'm on the 9th at 2:15

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the 13th at 3:15. I think I'll be getting into London on the 10th!
Original post by wavezone113
Yuri - will you be at uni beforehand? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scared, who are you who knows my name? You must be from UCL? haha
I'll get to King's in time for my interview and probs stay there and walk around after the interview. And I live in London (as you probs know if you know my name).
Original post by yurilein93
Scared, who are you who knows my name? You must be from UCL? haha
I'll get to King's in time for my interview and probs stay there and walk around after the interview. And I live in London (as you probs know if you know my name).

Yesss :smile: cool! Speak to you on fb... :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wavezone113
Yesss :smile: cool! Speak to you on fb... :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

:banana2:
Does anybody have any insight into what sort of MMI stations KCL usually have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JenniB22
Does anybody have any insight into what sort of MMI stations KCL usually have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've found people to be very specifically reticent about the KCL stations, most other places they were happy to talk about. Competition is high here, obviously!

I know it's jumping the gun but I'm already looking at accommodation in East London. Bad luck?
Reply 189
How's everyone's interview prep going?
Reply 190
I have no idea what to do tbh what have others been doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Original post by Ocean7
I have no idea what to do tbh what have others been doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't actually done any prep; I've been revising for exams...
How is everyone getting on with prep for the interviews?

Anybody else ****ting themselves lol?
Reply 193
Original post by Kidpoker12622
How is everyone getting on with prep for the interviews?

Anybody else ****ting themselves lol?

Yup I’m definitely ****ting it! This will be first med school interview and first experience of MMI :s-smilie:

Looking forward to a post interview drink! Oh and I go skiing on Sunday :cool:
Original post by nug
Yup I’m definitely ****ting it! This will be first med school interview and first experience of MMI :s-smilie:

Having had my first interview ever in December I have to say, I was terrified but it was SO fine. Just smile loads

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nug

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Don't know what to expect with this mmi. They could ask anything at these stations.

Yeah I'm gonna do the same. A good way to drown our sorrows.
Original post by nug

Ahh same! First postgrad interview and first MMI! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
AHH! So I have had the flu since before Christmas but have been taking it easy etc to try and shift it ASAP and was starting to feel better at the weekend. However last night I started to feel much worse and I could barely swallow. Turns out I have viral tonsillitis, in that I get to have all the horrible symptoms but it isn’t bacterial so they can’t really do anything for me.

Talk about perfect timing for the interview :frown:
Reply 198
Original post by marmaladeskies69
Having had my first interview ever in December I have to say, I was terrified but it was SO fine. Just smile loads

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seconded. Although I don't feel great about my chances from that interview, it's definitely helped me to feel so much more relaxed for the King's one!

Original post by nug
AHH! So I have had the flu since before Christmas but have been taking it easy etc to try and shift it ASAP and was starting to feel better at the weekend. However last night I started to feel much worse and I could barely swallow. Turns out I have viral tonsillitis, in that I get to have all the horrible symptoms but it isn’t bacterial so they can’t really do anything for me.

Talk about perfect timing for the interview :frown:

Ahh, I'm sorry to hear that. Not really much you can do. Mind over body? Just try and get through those few hours then you can stay in bed and binge on Netflix! :biggrin:
Reply 199
does anyone know if you have the option on doing an intercalated bsc while on the GEM course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending