The Student Room Group

What A levels have people taken to get into uni for vet med

Hey, I'm about to start college and thinking of taking biology chemistry environmental studies and film for my A levels. Iv called up some of the unis and they mostly say if you've got bio and chem then the third subject can be almost anything bar critical thinking and general studies, providing its a good grade. So I'm wondering what current vet students got in with? Thanks
Reply 1
Hi! I'm in Year 13 so have just applied for Vet Med. At AS, I took Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Literature and Critical Thinking (as well as an EPQ) and at A2 I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, English Lit and General Studies (AS and A2). Yeah, obviously Critical Thinking and General Studies don't count, but it's a nice range of subjects (and critical thinking is a brilliant help for the BMAT - I was forced to take general studies by my college so I'm ignoring that entirely!). What you've got sounds fine, I'd be cautious about film though because it's not really considered an academic subject. Have you considered taking Maths, Stats or Physics? Some unis like applicants to have them at least to GCSE if not AS level even if it's not essential at A2. Good luck!
Some unis asked for maths/physics as a 3rd subject, but otherwise doesn't matter for the majority of the schools.
Don't do environmental studies or film. Change to subjects like physics, maths, english lit, a language, history, geography, economics, philosophy...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending