The Student Room Group

CHEM5 remark?

Should I get chem5 remarked? I am 43 UMS off an A overall but got a D IN CHEM5 which I wasnt expecting at all.
I know it probably wont go up that much but im still planning on resitting it if its not an A. I want to do med. When I checked the unofficial markscheme i thought id done much better?
Reply 1
Original post by Anon_4
Should I get chem5 remarked? I am 43 UMS off an A overall but got a D IN CHEM5 which I wasnt expecting at all.
I know it probably wont go up that much but im still planning on resitting it if its not an A. I want to do med. When I checked the unofficial markscheme i thought id done much better?

btw i havent got the script for this so I know its a big risk remarking.
Remarking probably won't make much difference to your overall grade if unit 5 was a D & you are 43 UMS off an A overall. Remarking usually only makes a difference of a few UMS and you risk it going down as well.

I think the only way you have a chance of improving your grade is by resitting, although you could keep this in reserve to do in case remarking unit 5 produces no improvement; if you're planning to resit anyway then it's not a big risk.

If you do resit check first with the resit policies of med schools, as not many accept resits or a 3rd year to complete A-levels.
Original post by Anon_4

If you are very confident that there has been a mistake and you have been substantially under marked, go for it.
Otherwise you are wasting your money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest