The Student Room Group

uni in US finance

hey, I've been wanting to go to uni in the US for ages and if I do, I'll be going next year (just started year 13), I've found a few unis I'm interested in and I've been looking through the forum posts on here for help with applying, SATS, GPAS etc. However, I'm still unsure about where I can find info on financial aid e.g loans or scholarships for international students? I've looked loads and found FAFSA (I think that's it) but it's not for international. Anyone know any scholarships/loans? any help will be much appreciated!! (p.s I'm not lazy as I've looked myself)
Reply 1
Which schools are you interested in? They should have information on their websites concerning international financial aid. If not, you'll have to be proactive and email them to find out,

Do not get a loan to finance your education. They will not be like UK student loans which grant you quite a lot of mercy if you're not able to pay. You will have to pay an inordinate amount of interest, too.

You'd also need to say what your results are, as going to the US for undergraduate study without being a full pay student is hard to do. Even harder if you're not a top student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending