The Student Room Group

Radiography Degree

Hello people. Basically I want to do radiography. I want to know is it hard? I am not doing any Science related subjects however i may do a access course.. I do BTEC's which are Business and Health and social care.. I also do Religious studies. I got a C and B in GCSE science and B in Maths if that helps.. do you think i am capable of doing it? I am more of a course work person.. People say you are capable of anything but realistically what do you think? I am more of a person kinaesthetic and visual learner.. I would really want a 2.1 in it (UK). I really want to do this and this is not because of the high demand in Radiography or the salary it just seems interesting. I am doing a lot of reaserach and so far i really seem interested. people say radiography is hard! do you think i am capable of passing it?
Original post by xxanisahxxkhanxx
Hello people. Basically I want to do radiography. I want to know is it hard? I am not doing any Science related subjects however i may do a access course.. I do BTEC's which are Business and Health and social care.. I also do Religious studies. I got a C and B in GCSE science and B in Maths if that helps.. do you think i am capable of doing it? I am more of a course work person.. People say you are capable of anything but realistically what do you think? I am more of a person kinaesthetic and visual learner.. I would really want a 2.1 in it (UK). I really want to do this and this is not because of the high demand in Radiography or the salary it just seems interesting. I am doing a lot of reaserach and so far i really seem interested. people say radiography is hard! do you think i am capable of passing it?

Hey, popped this in the medical/life sciences forum for you :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
Original post by xxanisahxxkhanxx

Hi, there are a few things you need to consider first. Is it diagnostic (xrays, mri, ultrasound etc...) Or therapy (radiotherapy-treating cancer patients) as they are two very different degrees. Most universities require you to have spent at least a day in a department.

You definitely need to do some science subjects especially physics and human biology/anatomy. You are best to look at the entry requirements at your chosen unis.

Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending