The Student Room Group

Can you be just friends with a girl you have feelings for? (updated)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by mindbodylife
I don't understand her. Why did she reply to my initial text? Also, are you sure that's what she means?

Or could it mean, that she is replying now cause she likes me?

I am confused :/

She's definitely playing around. If she was really interested in you, she wouldn't have scrapped plans to meet with you in the first place. She just wants to see your reaction, then goad you into thinking she likes you when she already has a boyfriend.
Original post by UWS
She's definitely playing around. If she was really interested in you, she wouldn't have scrapped plans to meet with you in the first place. She just wants to see your reaction, then goad you into thinking she likes you when she already has a boyfriend.

Ahh I should not have messaged her. Everybody told me to NOT message her and I felt sorry for her and messaged. And now she is being stupid.
She ignored me message. Now what? Do I message again? Or should I just leave it be?
I am fuming right now
Reply 182
Original post by mindbodylife
Ahh I should not have messaged her. Everybody told me to NOT message her and I felt sorry for her and messaged. And now she is being stupid.
She ignored me message. Now what? Do I message again? Or should I just leave it be?
I am fuming right now

Don't bother with this girl anymore. Go out there and find another girl who will treat you better.
Stop letting her play games and just talk about this **** normally, actually use your words and talk about it, lay your cards out on the table and work it out, if she's still being stupid then drop her like a sack of sh*t, if she's reasonable then you should be able to work out what you want to do next; being friends or stop talking or whatever. Dude take the advice people are giving you and stop with this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Find another girl to have feelings for then your feelings for her will lessen and you can be friends.
Original post by UWS
Don't bother with this girl anymore. Go out there and find another girl who will treat you better.

Yh I will.
Original post by Wait, what?
Stop letting her play games and just talk about this **** normally, actually use your words and talk about it, lay your cards out on the table and work it out, if she's still being stupid then drop her like a sack of sh*t, if she's reasonable then you should be able to work out what you want to do next; being friends or stop talking or whatever. Dude take the advice people are giving you and stop with this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't talk to her for a week and I felt sorry for her so messaged her. What a bad mistake. If she ignored my message, I can't keep messaging again. I don't want to look desperate. I guess I just need to wait til she messages back now.
Original post by SarcasticMel
Find another girl to have feelings for then your feelings for her will lessen and you can be friends.

Ok I will do that
Why you putting yourself through this, she's basically saying you're a piece of crap, and you aren't showing me you disagree. Stop thinking this girl is anything special, delete her number, delete her pictures, delete her messages and fdb. Next time she hits you up I want you to be like "who's this?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
STOP BEING OBSESSIVE AND CONCENTRATE ON YOURSELF. You are being way too clingy, leave her. Spend time on you, enjoy learning about yourself and enjoying life. The right person will come along in time. There is a time for everything. Stop sending messages and waiting for replies. You need to get on with your life. If your friend was this involved with a girl, you'll tell them to get out of it! It will be difficult but you can do it! Think for yourself and be assertive. Sometimes in life it's good to know when enough is enough.
Original post by ElChapo
Why you putting yourself through this, she's basically saying you're a piece of crap, and you aren't showing me you disagree. Stop thinking this girl is anything special, delete her number, delete her pictures, delete her messages and fdb. Next time she hits you up I want you to be like "who's this?"

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know :/
Original post by Midnight blush
STOP BEING OBSESSIVE AND CONCENTRATE ON YOURSELF. You are being way too clingy, leave her. Spend time on you, enjoy learning about yourself and enjoying life. The right person will come along in time. There is a time for everything. Stop sending messages and waiting for replies. You need to get on with your life. If your friend was this involved with a girl, you'll tell them to get out of it! It will be difficult but you can do it! Think for yourself and be assertive. Sometimes in life it's good to know when enough is enough.

You're right, enough is enough. Ok I will try
Reply 192
Oh for goodness sake OP grow a backbone and stop letting this girl manipulate you. She is not interested in you except as a distraction when her boyfriend isn't around, and trust me, she hasn't only seen him once in the last how ever many years, I'm willing to bet he's the reason she didn't meet up with you. She's using you and you are allowing her to do it. Cut her off. Delete her number, unfriend her on Facebook, and move on with your life. Problem solved.
Original post by jen245
Oh for goodness sake OP grow a backbone and stop letting this girl manipulate you. She is not interested in you except as a distraction when her boyfriend isn't around, and trust me, she hasn't only seen him once in the last how ever many years, I'm willing to bet he's the reason she didn't meet up with you. She's using you and you are allowing her to do it. Cut her off. Delete her number, unfriend her on Facebook, and move on with your life. Problem solved.

So what have I been doing for the past year? Are we not friends?
I am annoyed and angry and she can't get away with this. I need to do something to teach her a lesson.
Reply 194
Like what? You're as much to blame in all of this as she is with your clingy neediness. Look,ive been where you are,this is not going to end the way you want it to,trust me,you need to cut your losses. She’ll be losing you as a friend,so in a way,thats your revenge. Chalk it up to experience and move on with your life,and next time,never tell a friend you have feelings for them unless you are absolutely 100% sure they feel the same way and are single!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jen245
Like what? You're as much to blame in all of this as she is with your clingy neediness. Look,ive been where you are,this is not going to end the way you want it to,trust me,you need to cut your losses. She’ll be losing you as a friend,so in a way,thats your revenge. Chalk it up to experience and move on with your life,and next time,never tell a friend you have feelings for them unless you are absolutely 100% sure they feel the same way and are single!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right. I have been at fault for being too needy and clingy. I guess I just have really attached myself to her too much. I realise this now.

Anyway here is some updates:

She replied.

She said "Good yours?"

I replied: "Yh it was good."

And then we spoke briefly.

And then she said: "Don't act like we didn't argue. U act like nothing happened. Why?"

I replied: "I'm not acting. And I didn't say we didn't argue. We did. I just can't be bothered to argue anymore."

And then she said: "Ok. Can you be like before?"

(Lol. She is basically saying can you be my little lapdog again?)

I just played dumb and said "Yh"

Anyway then she says:

"Ok say, did you miss me? U can say no, I won't say anything"

What is up with this girl? What kind of a question is that?

Anyway I just took the safe route and said:

"Lol ur funny. Maybe a little bit coz we always talk and then we didn't"

And then I changed the subject.

She hasn't replied yet.

What are your thoughts? I have a feel she is trying to get back on good terms because uni is just 1 week away and I know she needs my help.

Now, how should I proceed going forward? Right now, I feel ok because now there is no tension between us..
Reply 196
Don't proceed with anything. We are trying to help you OP, cut off all contact with her and dont let her manipulate you any more.
It will save any potential hearbreak in the future if you let her drag you back in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are not reading what we have told you. We told you to STOP talking to her, cut your losses and move on. You need to CONCENTRATE on yourself. Life will get better, but the Ball is in your court. Unless you enjoy being hurt or are just obsessed you will move on. It may be hard but it will better for you. Have some strength and leave
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by UWS
Don't proceed with anything. We are trying to help you OP, cut off all contact with her and dont let her manipulate you any more.
It will save any potential hearbreak in the future if you let her drag you back in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok well I will do that now. She can't manipulate me any more. Cutting contact
Original post by Midnight blush
You are not reading what we have told you. We told you to STOP talking to her, cut your losses and move on. You need to CONCENTRATE on yourself. Life will get better, but the Ball is in your court. Unless you enjoy being hurt or are just obsessed you will move on. It may be hard but it will better for you. Have some strength and leave

Yes I'm ready to listen to you guys. I will stop talking to her. I will concentrate on myself. Time to move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending