The Student Room Group

Can you be just friends with a girl you have feelings for? (updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mindbodylife
I know what the words mean, I hope that was a joke.

Explain what you are trying to say?

You've stated that her actions insofar as they affect you are "indefensible", i.e. without excuse; yet by continuing the friendship, you are excusing her.
Original post by Andy98
Be that quiet, geeky kid

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol alright
Original post by SophieSmall
Don't.

Don't what? I mean I am not messaging her for a while at least until I am feeling in a talking mood. But if she messages me, then how to proceed? That's what I am asking..
Hmm.. I won't wan't to just ditch her, that's not the kind of person I am. But for sure I am taking a step back and just focusing on other things rather than her all the time.

Nah that won't work. Sure, you want to be nice about it but it'll just complicate things.

See this will happen. You slowly back off. She realises something's awry, makes a grab at you (again emotionally, always so), you come back, back to square one.

You just need to cut her off. Be pleasant in the "how are you" whenever she asks but don't meet up, and for ****s sake, get yourself a real girlfriend ASAP. :tongue:
Don't what? I mean I am not messaging her for a while at least until I am feeling in a talking mood. But if she messages me, then how to proceed? That's what I am asking..

If you don't want to be her friend then ignore it. Why would you talk to someone you aren't friends with? Other than for purely work related reasons.
Reply 85
lol alright

If you need any tips on how to be that kid pm me because I'm him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Profesh
You've stated that her actions insofar as they affect you are "indefensible", i.e. without excuse; yet by continuing the friendship, you are excusing her.

Well, I won't just suddenly stop being friends with her. That won't really do any good. Instead I will slowly reduce the talking and it will die down itself. I've done it before.

Tell me one thing. Does she seem like a good friend to you? Or is all of this happening in my head? Lol
Original post by geoking
Nah that won't work. Sure, you want to be nice about it but it'll just complicate things.

See this will happen. You slowly back off. She realises something's awry, makes a grab at you (again emotionally, always so), you come back, back to square one.

You just need to cut her off. Be pleasant in the "how are you" whenever she asks but don't meet up, and for ****s sake, get yourself a real girlfriend ASAP. :tongue:

You're right, I won't be surprised if a couple of days later she says "I miss you" or something and usually I would fall into the trap and back to square one, but not this time. I am sure of it.

Lol yeah ok. :smile:
If you don't want to be her friend then ignore it. Why would you talk to someone you aren't friends with? Other than for purely work related reasons.

I DO want to be her friend. But I just need to be less attached to her and stuff. And she needs to realise and appreciate how good a friend I've been to her. Sometimes you don't appreciate something until its taken away from you. Lol.
I DO want to be her friend. But I just need to be less attached to her and stuff. And she needs to realise and appreciate how good a friend I've been to her. Sometimes you don't appreciate something until its taken away from you. Lol.

You sound so self involved there it's unbelievable. From the things you have posted on this site you don't seem to have been that great of a friend you get angry at her all the time and you're pushy and needy, which aren't great components to a friend. Though judging by what you've said about her, she isn't great either.
You sound so self involved there it's unbelievable. From the things you have posted on this site you don't seem to have been that great of a friend you get angry at her all the time and you're pushy and needy, which aren't great components to a friend. Though judging by what you've said about her, she isn't great either.

No, I mean believe it or not, we get on really well together. And I know she would be upset if I stopped being her friend. I am not acting selfishly here honestly.
I know I have been pushy and needy and I am working on that. I only got angry because she flaked on me 5 times - no one's ever done that to me and tbh she calls me her best friend and she does that so I was angry for reason.

Well I have been honest in what I am saying. What I want is for things to go back to normal, I will less attached to her and I won't be pushy or needy ever again towards her.

Well its just that sometimes I feel that she just takes me for granted thats all..
No, I mean believe it or not, we get on really well together. And I know she would be upset if I stopped being her friend. I am not acting selfishly here honestly.
I know I have been pushy and needy and I am working on that. I only got angry because she flaked on me 5 times - no one's ever done that to me and tbh she calls me her best friend and she does that so I was angry for reason.

Well I have been honest in what I am saying. What I want is for things to go back to normal, I will less attached to her and I won't be pushy or needy ever again towards her.

I'm sorry but somehow I doubt that
I'm sorry but somehow I doubt that

So you think after a few weeks I will crawl back to her and be a doormat again, and be all needy again and ask her for meet me 5 times and get angry when she flakes?
NO. No way. This was the last straw.
So you think after a few weeks I will crawl back to her and be a doormat again, and be all needy again and ask her for meet me 5 times and get angry when she flakes?
NO. No way. This was the last straw.

Honestly yes.
Honestly yes.

Lol. Why would I do that? :smile:

And I really don't want that to happen and I will make sure it doesn't (hopefully).
Lol. Why would I do that? :smile:

And I really don't want that to happen and I will make sure it doesn't (hopefully).

Because you're still quite rapidly posting on this thread because you're still clearly angry at her, you're rant about her and yet you still want to be friends with her. That anger can quickly turn back into infatuations and it probably will, this time next month you'll wish you could be with her again.
Because you're still quite rapidly posting on this thread because you're still clearly angry at her, you're rant about her and yet you still want to be friends with her. That anger can quickly turn back into infatuations and it probably will, this time next month you'll wish you could be with her again.

Oh no I hope that doesn't happen. :/ :frown:
What can I do? I will see her in uni for the next 2 years..
Oh no I hope that doesn't happen. :/ :frown:
What can I do? I will see her in uni for the next 2 years..

Let her go, even if you can't let her go physically because you'll be at the same uni you need to let her go emotionally. You need to stop blaming her and being angry at her (regardless of whether or not she is wrong). You will not be over her until you can think about her and the things she has done that made you angry/ upset and feel nothing at all.
Let her go, even if you can't let her go physically because you'll be at the same uni you need to let her go emotionally. You need to stop blaming her and being angry at her (regardless of whether or not she is wrong). You will not be over her until you can think about her and the things she has done that made you angry/ upset and feel nothing at all.

Ok. Well, that's what I want and am trying to do. I'm not blaming her anymore now. And I'm not angry. I am just training my mind to not care anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending