The Student Room Group

Applying to uni!

Hi, the time to apply to uni is getting close and I want to make the right decision! Can you study at Southampton uni and do the placements at salisbury hospital?? I live in wiltshire so very important to me :smile: thanks
Reply 1
Hi, are you on about nursing? I am currently studying nursing at University of Nottingham. I would imagine if you study nursing at Southampton it will be the same procedure as all Universities. You would have a variety of placements in different places, you may get placements at Salisbury Hospital but you can't particularly pick and choose, you may get a variety of different wards here but you would also get other placements such as community nursing, nursing homes etc. It is likely you would have placements outside of Southampton as well. My first year I had placements in Nottingham centre, this year I have them in Derbyshire, and Mansfield which is about an hour away from where I live - I hope this is of some help to you!! I would also say try not to be deterred by that, you need a variety of placements to enhance your learning. xx
Reply 2
Thankyou that is very helpful! I am going to do adult nursing yes. I will be living at home during my studies which is about 1 hour and 40 minutes away from southampton so it'll be a trek especially if my placements are further away than that but I'll have to get used to it. Although Iv heard there is cheap nurses accomodation for like £10 a night if you need it occassionally. Which would save me the occassional trip home. Do you know anything about this? Thanks for your help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest