The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just do it! I like it when a guy asks for my number straight out, shows they have courage
Reply 2
I just don't know how to bring it up though, and without giving the impression that I'm after her sexually, when I just want a friend.
Reply 3
do u talk to her anyway? if yes just drop it in at the end of the convo, wont look too much like a pick up line
Reply 4
Yes I talk to her all the time when working, we get on well I think. I guess I'll try that.
Reply 5
Imagine you're having a good conversation with her, but you have to part ways for some reason or other. If you say something like you had great fun talking to her and would love to continue the conversation sometime, she might flourish her number. This way you won't have to actually ask for the number, so you won't get shot down as such.
Reply 6
or, i know its a bit intense just for a number, just if your having a party, say im having a party can i get your number n il text you the details
Reply 7
at the end of a convo, try this absolute CLASSIC line.

"can i get your number?"
Juwel
Imagine you're having a good conversation with her, but you have to part ways for some reason or other. If you say something like you had great fun talking to her and would love to continue the conversation sometime, she might flourish her number.
If the rather naive individual I liked throughout college is anything to go by, that DOES NOT work, nor does offering yours :rolleyes:
Reply 9
notts....classic, typicall if you get your phone out, and just hope she gets hers out (normally happens) you can just take hold of it, and put your number in hers

without saying a word
Reply 10
arrange to do something on your own or with a couple of friends if its easier, like tell her your going shopping on a certain day and would she like to come. then say something like 'ok great is there a number i can reach you at?' its a very natural thing to do and she wont think negatively about you or anything like that. just dont make a big deal out of it, it has to be done in a casual manner. dont say 'hmm... yeah so... um.. I was just wondering if maybe.. you know.. I could have your number or something?'
chances are that if you've already got some good rapport with her she will be happy to give you her number.
open your mouth and speak
Reply 12
Big_Angry_Fish
notts....classic, typicall if you get your phone out, and just hope she gets hers out (normally happens) you can just take hold of it, and put your number in hers

without saying a word

Make sure she doesnt think yer stealing it.
squigaletta
just do it! I like it when a guy asks for my number straight out, shows they have courage

Give me your number, Squiggy.
Reply 14
Big_Angry_Fish

without saying a word

yeh, because everyone knows non-communication is an awesome basis for a relationship.

stop being a pussy, and ask for her number. a lot of people get other peoples numbers without being *interested* in them.
Reply 15
notts
at the end of a convo, try this absolute CLASSIC line.

"can i get your number?"

haha, take a lot of guts to say that though, but it shouldn't if your just after friendship...
Reply 16
be classic if you ask her can i have your number and then she responds

"sure where you taking me then"
Reply 17
Just talk to her and pull your mobile out or something and say 'Hey i haven't got your number, what is it?'

Its not hard, chicken :smile:
Reply 18
Navajo
haha, take a lot of guts to say that though, but it shouldn't if your just after friendship...

it doesnt take that much guts, im well nervous when it comes to most girls, but can still ask for a number!

and if i dont fancy the girl, then it wouldnt make me worried at all.

getting someones number who you want to be friends with is a non event and not worthy of a thread.

then again, maybe its better than all the "i just had unprotected sex, do i have an std" ones.

people are idiots.
Just ask her, be honest, what you got to lose.

Latest

Trending

Trending