The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

blue_foil
Went to a public school... NO I'M NOT A GEEK OR A SNOB OR WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL ME!!

Why would you be a snob if you went to a public school? Think you mean private. And it wouldn't make you a snob, it'd make your parents snobs but you would be a geek :wink:

(The end is jest obviously but the first sentence is valid!)
Reply 41
Went to public schools myself.
Reply 42
blue_foil
Went to a public school... NO I'M NOT A GEEK OR A SNOB OR WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL ME!! Was a scholl with naval traditions too s we had to wear a naval uniform and march and stuff like that, sounds crap, but it was okay. Check out the picture, that was what we had to wear when we marched. And don't you even dare make any stupid naval jokes!

lol doth not Blue Foil protest too much? :wink:
I just went to a normal comprehensive, not a brilliant school. I wouldn't even say it was a good school. But I'm not one of those idiots that blames the teacher for not doing their job. It's hard to teach a bunch of teenagers who want to learn, and control the other half of the class that just want to act stupid.

I think it takes a lot for a teacher to work in a comprehensive that isn't brilliant and they deserve praise - the ones that actually do their job. But despite going to a rubbish school I did pretty well and have just started the sixth form there. I only went back because it's now turned into an academy and over the next two years the new building will be built but until then the current building has had work done on it and is a lot better than last year, some new teachers, nearly double the amount of students after merging two local schools together.

But going to school at a comp has done me no harm at all, and I hate the way people slag them off. If you want to learn and do well at a comp school then believe me, you can. :yy:
Reply 44
Just went to a state school...was very crap. :mad: Looking back, I wish I could have gone to a better school. Maybe then, I might have done better/enjoyed school more. But hey, I still got into Uni so Im happy. :smile:
Reply 45
private (but they like to call it an 'independant' makes them feel edgier) My mum's never forgiven herself for it.
Reply 46
Normal primary school. I had a scholarship to a private all girls Christian secondary school, there were a few snobs, and a few people who's parents had way to much money, but the teaching was better, class sizes smaller etc, so I didn't mind. Did 6th form at the same school, but it was joint with the boys college.
coloursonthetv
Why would you be a snob if you went to a public school? Think you mean private. And it wouldn't make you a snob, it'd make your parents snobs but you would be a geek :wink:

(The end is jest obviously but the first sentence is valid!)

No, they meant public. :smile:
Reply 48
I went to a crappy ass state comp, apart from giving me a lot of race-related issues, it has served me well, e.g. AAB at A Level, which will hopefully gain me entry to whichever fancy pants uni I desire....
Science and engineering grammar school.
All girls.
I get tired of people who tell me I go to a "posh" school - it reaally isn't.
Reply 50
dogtanian
No, they meant public. :smile:

Yeah in England "public" actually means the complete opposite when refering to schools. I suppose they mean public as in "anyone can enrol in the school as long as they have enough money".
Boys grammar school. I actually quite like it despite it's strong Christian/Conservative views which frown upon my long hair and send me home for not shaving.

Latest

Trending

Trending