The Student Room Group

Help with personal statements

Why do u want to take economics as a dregree at uni... cant fjnd answer ti yhis question. Pleasw help..
Posted from TSR Mobile
The best way to go about it is to figure out why you yourself want to do it. A university is most likely going to sniff out if you found your reasoning online, or if you're not as passionate about the reasoning in person. :P

Maybe try looking at the course structure at a few different universities, and talk about the bits and pieces that interest you the most! In the personal statement, it's not so much 'I want to do this because...' it's more about showing your passion for the subject in a way that they can't dispute it.

If you're really stuck for ideas, search for other Economics personal statements and see how they've phrased it, but bear in mind that almost all universities use plagiarism checkers, so don't copy anything you find!
Reply 2
Hmm dars right. Thanks a lot ... i dud look at some pther personl statemnents but struggling to make mine unique. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swashat09
Hmm dars right. Thanks a lot ... i dud look at some pther personl statemnents but struggling to make mine unique. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try drafting it out first then, even if it is a few bits and pieces from different places, but highlight the bits that aren't in your own words. Then come back to it with a fresh mind in a few days and rewrite it how you would say it, making sure it all flows!

Try reading it out loud to someone, if it doesn't sound like something that you could have written, then keep tweaking. It's a long process, but well worth it when you have that final statement in front of you!
Original post by swashat09
Why do u want to take economics as a dregree at uni... cant fjnd answer ti yhis question. Pleasw help..
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not a question with an answer
Hi,

You really need to reflect on why you are applying to study economics at uni. Most of your statement should be about your academic interest in the subject and admissions tutors will immediately be able to tell if you're being insincere or are not motivated. Please be very careful about using other peoples ideas as plagiarism is not viewed in good light at all.
It's also a good idea to do what someone else has already suggested which is to have a look at course structures and modules and talk about what interests you and why.

Quote if you want a reply!
BSc Biochemistry University of York
Working towards a PhD at Queen Mary University of London
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending