The Student Room Group

I don't know what I want my future career to be...

I got 8A's and 3B's in GCSE, my A-level Options (and predictions) are Biology (B), Chemistry (C), French (A) and Economics (B). I love working with people, and also love acting. I just want an outsiders point of view... what kind of career would you look at if you were me?

It's a silly question I know, but everyone is pressuring me with want i want in my future and the truth is, I have no idea!! Please help me... this is stressing me out far more than it should :/
Something languages related maybe? There are lots of career options for someone who can translate, if you do well in French you could study something like Chinese, Russian, Arabic etc at uni which I believe are in quite high demand.
Reply 2
Original post by blackened_sky
Something languages related maybe? There are lots of career options for someone who can translate, if you do well in French you could study something like Chinese, Russian, Arabic etc at uni which I believe are in quite high demand.

Thanks for your response :smile: I will for sure look into it!!
Well if you're taking sciences and you love working with people (meaning helping them rather than as a team right?) have you considered nursing?
Reply 4
Original post by Bobjim12
Well if you're taking sciences and you love working with people (meaning helping them rather than as a team right?) have you considered nursing?

Hi, that was what i originally had in mind, however over time i've gone off the idea... thank you for your input though!! :smile:
Reply 5

I also really enjoying working as part of a team as well as leading a team :smile:
Original post by MessedUpKid
I also really enjoying working as part of a team as well as leading a team :smile:

Certain areas in Business such as project management could be where you could work well, its up to you though remember!
Reply 7
Certain areas in Business such as project management could be where you could work well, its up to you though remember!

I actually really like the sound of that... :biggrin:
Original post by blackened_sky

if you're fluent in multiple languages, you could do a psychology degree and go for a career in intelligence.

But this is something you need to ask yourself - why you've chosen A Levels and still don't know what you want to do for a career is crazy. It's like getting in a car and just taking random turns in the blind hope that you arrive somewhere nice.
Reply 9
Original post by XMaramena
if you're fluent in multiple languages, you could do a psychology degree and go for a career in intelligence.

But this is something you need to ask yourself - why you've chosen A Levels and still don't know what you want to do for a career is crazy. It's like getting in a car and just taking random turns in the blind hope that you arrive somewhere nice.

I know, and the thing is... that worries me so much!! I tried to keep my options open... but doing research into it now.. i feel like i haven't, i'm so worried :/
I'm not fluent in multiple languages, I only have a vague understanding of punjabi and am learning french... other than that... plain old english for me

Quick Reply

Latest