The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Isn't comparing the numbers of black people at Oxford and Harvard a bit silly? After all, the UK has a far smaller percentage of its population made up of ethnic minorities in general, and black people make up a smaller proportion of those ethnic minorities in the UK too.
Hi! Just wanted to say to Katie-Loiuse, its usually harder to get into Harvard than oxford, especially since your applying as an international student! But I think you should still give it a shot.
I went to a comprehensive school in north london, and when it came to applying, I had no idea with what degree I wanted to do, so I couldn't fill out a personal statement for oxford (which is where i always wanted to go) so applied to American unis-didnt expect to get in AT ALL, ( because the odds are WAY less) but just did it so i felt i was being pro active toward my future-whilst all my friends had decided- AND thought there was no harm in trying,
SATs were more work and sacrifice than I thought!--->
BUT I was accepted at Harvard (TOTAL AND UTTER SHOCK wen it came through the post), and deferred to enter in september 2007-am now on my gap year.
SO, I say apply to everywhere, because you stand a better chance than not trying!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending