The Student Room Group

target grades for A-Levels completed in a year?

I am in year 13. I am doing 3 A2 levels at my sixth form, but will also be self studying AS and A2 Economics. How am I supposed to put a predicted grade for this? My teachers predicted my grades for my 3 A2 levels I am doing in school. I have not done Economics before, and I am also teaching myself. Can I make my own predicted grade and tell my teacher to write this?
Just say 'A' and study hard..
Original post by academichopeful
I am in year 13. I am doing 3 A2 levels at my sixth form, but will also be self studying AS and A2 Economics. How am I supposed to put a predicted grade for this? My teachers predicted my grades for my 3 A2 levels I am doing in school. I have not done Economics before, and I am also teaching myself. Can I make my own predicted grade and tell my teacher to write this?

The school may not be willing to predict anything for economics.
You might be able to to persuade them to mention it with your prediction in the reference.
You may have to communicate directly with your chosen universities.
You should discuss this with whoever is preparing your ucas reference at school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by academichopeful

Hi. I'm sitting the full A-level further maths independently this year.

I just got a private tutor to write a reference with the predicted grade for this and then forwarded it to the school so they add it their reference. So you could always go for that option!!
I am doing the full FM A level this year privately, as my school doesn't offer the subject. I just told my school I was capable of achieving an A* or an A, so I am predicted an A (just in case) (also be realistic, I got a good result for my AS maths, so I believe I'm capable of doing good in FM too)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending