The Student Room Group

How do I start talking to this girl again?

So, here's the story, I started talking to this girl a while back. We talked for around two weeks solid but then I started a full time job and she started back at uni and things faded because of how busy we suddenly were.
It's been about a month and I still have a crush on her so I'm really hoping to get talking to her again and, hopefully, if she's not as busy, ask her out but I'm not sure how to go about it?
I feel really awkward about just messaging her out of the blue after a month, especially since we weren't actually speaking to each other for that long, because I think she might find it a bit strange? Is there a way I could go about making it less weird? Or am I just over thinking it and it wouldn't be weird at all?

Scroll to see replies

You could accidentally on purpose call her......blame the lighting :biggrin:
Reply 2
Ring her and tell her the truth. Time got away from you because you where busy and so was she, but you would still like to go out some time now that everything has calmed down and things aren't so hectic. I dont think it's weird at all.
Reply 3
Cheers for your comments guys! I think I'm just overly nervous.
DO: text and ask if she wants to go out for a drink sometime
DON'T: call her and tell her you love her and want to be her boyfriend
Reply 5
Started chatting to her over facebook, I don't have her number anymore due to a new phone, but the conversation was short and sweet and she'd stopped replying before I had the chance to ask, blew it!
Original post by Anonymous
Started chatting to her over facebook, I don't have her number anymore due to a new phone, but the conversation was short and sweet and she'd stopped replying before I had the chance to ask, blew it!

did she say bye, gotta go, or did she just start ignoring you?
Reply 7
Just remember don't make yourself seem to pushy!
Reply 8
Original post by cole-slaw
did she say bye, gotta go, or did she just start ignoring you?

Just read the message and didn't reply. Thinking it's a "not interested" sign because of how short the conversation was.
Just read the message and didn't reply. Thinking it's a "not interested" sign because of how short the conversation was.

That would be the vibe I would get. Maybe try another girl? Who's next on the list?
Original post by cole-slaw
That would be the vibe I would get. Maybe try another girl? Who's next on the list?

No one next on the list! Proper slow burner when It comes to being interested in people.
Original post by Just Another Girly
You could accidentally on purpose call her......blame the lighting :biggrin:

Blame OBAMA care, after all it does suck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No one next on the list! Proper slow burner when It comes to being interested in people.

Well that's fair enough, but just because there is no-one you particularly want a relationship with, that doesn't mean it wouldn't still be good for you to still go on dates/smash some fitties.

you never know, quite often if you nail a dirty girl a few times you find you quite like her and want to make things exclusive.

better and healthier than sitting around moping about some girl that isn't interested!

AY boss, you wanna join the eyetalian mahfeeya bwoss? We got cookies

Posted from TSR Mobile
So, here's the story, I started talking to this girl a while back. We talked for around two weeks solid but then I started a full time job and she started back at uni and things faded because of how busy we suddenly were.
It's been about a month and I still have a crush on her so I'm really hoping to get talking to her again and, hopefully, if she's not as busy, ask her out but I'm not sure how to go about it?
I feel really awkward about just messaging her out of the blue after a month, especially since we weren't actually speaking to each other for that long, because I think she might find it a bit strange? Is there a way I could go about making it less weird? Or am I just over thinking it and it wouldn't be weird at all?

She will probably think it's a pleasant surprise. There's nothing to worry about darling.
"Hey hey! What are you doing here? Our meeting is such a coincidence and not because I stalked you for a fortnight."
Original post by Yeah dude
Blame OBAMA care, after all it does suck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:
Original post by Just Another Girly
:yy:

I'm just kidding, I signed up for healthcare.gov before March the 5th so I got at Obama care. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yeah dude
I'm just kidding, I signed up for healthcare.gov before March the 5th so I got at Obama care. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin:
Original post by Foo.mp3
Overthinking

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just flex the surfer dude abs and it's all cool :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending