The Student Room Group

I did this in my exam; is it bad?

Last year for my English gcse, which comprised of coursework(60%); descriptive and an argument. For my coursework, I went on TSR and copied someone else coursework and used it as mine. Long story short, I got an A* in the coursework and B in the exam and got an A overall.

is what I did bad?
shouldnt the exam board have noticed this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PILEDRIV3R WALTZ
Last year for my English gcse, which comprised of coursework(60%); descriptive and an argument. For my coursework, I went on TSR and copied someone else coursework and used it as mine. Long story short, I got an A* in the coursework and B in the exam and got an A overall.

is what I did bad?

Yes, what you did was very bad and you should be completely ashamed of yourself. I don't think computerised plagiarism tests are done for coursework at school.
Original post by Chlorophile
Yes, what you did was very bad and you should be completely ashamed of yourself. I don't think computerised plagiarism tests are done for coursework at school.

Why aren't they done?
Surely, most people would be doing this?
Why aren't they done?
Surely, most people would be doing this?

Most people actually take exams seriously and don't try to be a moron and cheat.

How exactly do you expect a hand written essay to be passed through a plagiarism checker?
Most people actually take exams seriously and don't try to be a moron and cheat.

How exactly do you expect a hand written essay to be passed through a plagiarism checker?

They type it onto google and see if any matches?

So you expect the examiner to type out your entire essay into Google to see if any matches come up?
So you expect the examiner to type out your entire essay into Google to see if any matches come up?

No just a segment? I'm just wondering if they actually do this to every student?
No just a segment? I'm just wondering if they actually do this to every student?

Given the amount of money examiners are paid for marking your mark (hint: not much), I think they've got better things to do than type sections of your work into google.
Given the amount of money examiners are paid for marking your mark (hint: not much), I think they've got better things to do than type sections of your work into google.

i guess that's why they're scrapping coursework(?)
Reply 9

is what I did bad?

You should not have copied it. Was it all your coursework or just part? Also just saying... you've admitted to cheating yet you haven't made yourself anonymous- probably not the best idea.
i guess that's why they're scrapping coursework(?)

I don't think cheating is a massive problem to be honest. Most people have enough common sense not to do it.
Original post by Mariee16
You should not have copied it. Was it all your coursework or just part? Also just saying... you've admitted to cheating yet you haven't made yourself anonymous- probably not the best idea.

Everything with edits
I don't think cheating is a massive problem to be honest. Most people have enough common sense not to do it.

Or to do it better than this guy!
LolWut?
As far as GCSE's are concerned, examiners and teachers don't give a toss about plagiarism/cheating in supposed coursework.
Original post by AlphaNick
jaiyeko has no friends so he keeps posting here for much attention

I have friends lol I'm bored
Whose coursework did you copy?
Original post by Arkasia
Whose coursework did you copy?

Some kid lol

This really made me laugh
Original post by Da Di Doo
This really made me laugh

Why lol
Some kid lol

Can you remember what it was about?

Quick Reply

Latest