The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Rejection

i'm new to this...

But I've just recently received a unsuccessful application from Leeds Beckett University to do nursing

they gave the reason "your application is not predicted to meet the entry requirements for this course"

i don't understand as i already have my grades as i have already done my a-levels (i'm 21) and my grades are stated in my university application,
The entry requirements are 300 UCAS points - my grades altogether are 320 UCAS points.. and a-c gcse's which i also have
i currently work as a senior care assistant and have at least 2 years experience in care

i wouldnt be so bothered if it was a different university but i really wanted to study there.

can anyone give me any advice in what i should do? should i contact them for any feedback or something? or should i just accept the rejection? :p:p
Reply 1
Definitely contact them for feedback to query this. Did you have the GCSE entry requirements too as in the correct grades in Maths and Science? Did they want any specific subjects?
Definitely contact them and ask why. I have heard that for Nursing, many universities prefer applicants who have completed the Access to HE (Nursing) course even if they have A levels. I have no idea if that is true or not, but if you only want to go to this university, it is something to consider. If you get into another university, will you go there or will you reapply?

Maybe you should check out the Healthcare and Nursing thread? There are more people there who will be able to help you.
Reply 3
I Have a D in english literature and a C in english language - it doesnt say anything on the requirements about english literature though.. i have C's in science and maths. it also says that a science grade they accept is a GCSE in health and social care - which i also have which is a double award! i forgot to mention on the post that i have an nvq level 2 in health and social care and have nearly finished my nvq level 3.

Thanks for your help i will post in the health and social care thread!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending