The Student Room Group

meeting a guy I met online

So I met this guy on a dating site and we have been talking every day for three months now. Next week I will be meeting him for the first time. I am really nervous and my worst fear is if he does not look like his pictures. I have become so attached to him that I don't know what I'll do if he doesn't look like his pictures!

Has this happen to any of you, like did meet you a person online and they ended up not looking like their pictures? How did you deal with it?
Reply 1
I think generally guys look better than they do online,
But if youre worried about him being a catfish, you should probably skype/facetime him before you do meet him
It happens more often than you think. Such is the deceptive nature of online communication.

(Should've signed up to Skype and did a video call first)
Reply 3
Original post by Uw0tm8_
I think generally guys look better than they do online,
But if youre worried about him being a catfish, you should probably skype/facetime him before you do meet him

No I'm not worried about him being a catfish. I'm just worried if he looks uglier. We've sent videos and pictures to one and other through snapchat.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
No I'm not worried about him being a catfish. I'm just worried if he looks uglier. We've sent videos and pictures to one and other through snapchat.

Your worst fear is that he may be ugly????? Even though you like his personality? wowwowowowowow. Why should looks even matter if his personality is good?????? Nah faam dpmo cba
Reply 5
Just try and be yourself, if you get too nervous then just remember he's probably as nervous as you are!! All you can do is be who you are and if it doesn't go well, then there's nothing you could have done about it and at least you would hav tried it. If he doesn't look like his pictures (ie. he's taken them from a different angle that makes him look different), of course it would be a bit surprising, but who says you can't continue some kind of attachment with him despite that fact? It seems you talking to each other these past 3 months means you've formed a connection with him via personality, so clearly you have something more. Good luck with meeting him, i'm sure it'll be all fine! :smile:
I'm sure he's hoping you're not actually a stone heavier than you selectively look online too...
Original post by Anonymous

Does it really matter as to what he looks like as long as he's your kinda dude?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Awesome-o
I'm sure he's hoping you're not actually a stone heavier than you selectively look online too...

Nice one dude, takin one for the team, #teamkickass

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending