De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cajach
Likewise :smile: I'm from London, you?

From London too! :smile: Have you been to any of the faculty open days?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Has anyone had the accommodation details email yet??
Original post by giffendulum
Has anyone had the accommodation details email yet??

No, but i have already booked my accommodation last week. All paid for :smile:
Original post by Traderyaz93
No, but i have already booked my accommodation last week. All paid for :smile:

Where are you staying? I'm doing it through DMU so have to wait haha!
Where are you staying? I'm doing it through DMU so have to wait haha!

Lol i had a feeling DMU would be a little late in getting accommodation booked, my previous experience of going to University it's always a hassle for Universities to get these things sorted.

I have booked my place at Filbert Village, I did it privately as it works out cheaper
Original post by Traderyaz93
Lol i had a feeling DMU would be a little late in getting accommodation booked, my previous experience of going to University it's always a hassle for Universities to get these things sorted.

I have booked my place at Filbert Village, I did it privately as it works out cheaper

I've booked a room at Victoria Halls but omg the process was not what I expected. All the rooms were running out, it said there were like 3 left in the whole block?! I panicked and just chose a random room as quick as I could, God knows what it looks like. :/
Lol yeah I noticed Victoria halls was fully booked but that's because people had pre booked weeks ago, that's what I did with Filbert couldn't risk having no where to stay and I'm coming from London so lol glad you got something and even if it's not what you had thought Im sure once you get there you can make it a comfortable little home lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coffeecakey
Augh, I firmed! So I will be seeing you :biggrin: how nerve wracking... :biggrin:

nerve wracking why?
I spoke to them this morning :smile: they've not run out people can't prebook and it's because they keep some rooms back and distribute them a small amount at a time. Cos I panicked too! Anyway I got the room I want :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had to ring up because my account wasn't working, they said I got the last room avaliable today it's in Block E I think, does anyone else know which block they are in? (victoria halls)
Original post by _j.yeung
From London too! :smile: Have you been to any of the faculty open days?

Woo Londoners unite :biggrin: I had a quick tour around campus after my interview but not a subject specific open day. I think they're building a a new site for Architecture which is due to open in 2016 so I doubt there's much to see in the temporary building (Wellesley House i believe?) anyway! Have you firmed your offer yet? Where else have you applied?
Original post by MollyRicepop
I had to ring up because my account wasn't working, they said I got the last room avaliable today it's in Block E I think, does anyone else know which block they are in? (victoria halls)

I'm in block E in victoria halls :smile:
Original post by cajach
Woo Londoners unite :biggrin: I had a quick tour around campus after my interview but not a subject specific open day. I think they're building a a new site for Architecture which is due to open in 2016 so I doubt there's much to see in the temporary building (Wellesley House i believe?) anyway! Have you firmed your offer yet? Where else have you applied?

I'm going firm DMU for sure but haven't really decided about my insurance yet other Universities I have Applied for are Kent, Robert Gordon, Brighton and Plymouth. WBU?
I've booked a room at Victoria Halls but omg the process was not what I expected. All the rooms were running out, it said there were like 3 left in the whole block?! I panicked and just chose a random room as quick as I could, God knows what it looks like. :/

Had the same problem this morning, and the service stopped working on my laptop -.- after waiting 20 minutes for accommodation services to pick up their phone I finally got a room in block D. Hopefully it's nice 🙈
Original post by _j.yeung
I'm going firm DMU for sure but haven't really decided about my insurance yet other Universities I have Applied for are Kent, Robert Gordon, Brighton and Plymouth. WBU?

Ahhh I'm in the same boat. Nice choices - the others I picked are Brighton, Portsmouth, Sheffield Hallam and London Met. I didn't consider Robert Gordon when I was choosing as it's so far away but I regret it now :frown:
Original post by LaraBrooks
I'm in block E in victoria halls :smile:

Nice! we might be sharing a flat then!
Accomodation booked: New Wharf Hall, second floor :smile:
Anybody else in victoria halls? I'm block D, i think floor 6?
VH-D-6-3 :smile:
Original post by cajach
Ahhh I'm in the same boat. Nice choices - the others I picked are Brighton, Portsmouth, Sheffield Hallam and London Met. I didn't consider Robert Gordon when I was choosing as it's so far away but I regret it now :frown:

I'm probably gonna put Brighton as insurance even though Robert Gordon's requirements are lower , TBH I picked Robert Gordon without reading the course details... its a 6 year course, I only found out when they gave me an offer:colondollar:
Original post by olly3008
Had the same problem this morning, and the service stopped working on my laptop -.- after waiting 20 minutes for accommodation services to pick up their phone I finally got a room in block D. Hopefully it's nice ������

same i struggled for two hours contacting dmu and the accommodation services was far too stressful! I'm also in block D, which floor are you on? And I'm also worried as I wanted semi-deluxe and think I clicked that but had to keep clicking on and off it as the rooms kept going and there was only one semi deluxe left I just hope I clicked the right thing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending