The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

leeds interdisciplinary science leeds start 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi all

Just wanted to ask if anyone has got their feedback for the kickstart stuff? If so how did you guys do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Hassan101
Hi all

Just wanted to ask if anyone has got their feedback for the kickstart stuff? If so how did you guys do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got my maths feedback today. I think I got it all correct, in that there were only red ticks everywhere.

I haven't heard about english yet.
I missed my offer for food science today, but Leeds gave me a changed offer for this foundation course instead. About to accept it!
Reply 163
I completed the science foundation year last year and I'm looking to sell my books. Chemistry, Biology, Core Maths and Statistics which are the 4 main recommended texts if anyone is interested in buying them?
Original post by cosmicluma
I missed my offer for food science today, but Leeds gave me a changed offer for this foundation course instead. About to accept it!

Hi, I missed my offer for Chemical Engineering as well and instead of retaking the year I decided to do the foundation year. Do you have your accommodation already
Original post by freddie123457
Hi, I missed my offer for Chemical Engineering as well and instead of retaking the year I decided to do the foundation year. Do you have your accommodation already

Yeah, I got mine, in Lyddon Hall. I applied for Charles Morris, but I'm happy with this as it's still catered, on campus and much cheaper. I e-mailed accomodation and they said not to worry, people with changed course offers don't need to reapply.

Have you looked into the kickstart thing? I've attempted the maths section which is obviously only GCSE level but it has made me realise just how useless I am at it.
Original post by cosmicluma
Yeah, I got mine, in Lyddon Hall. I applied for Charles Morris, but I'm happy with this as it's still catered, on campus and much cheaper. I e-mailed accomodation and they said not to worry, people with changed course offers don't need to reapply.

Have you looked into the kickstart thing? I've attempted the maths section which is obviously only GCSE level but it has made me realise just how useless I am at it.

Your so lucky with your accommodation, I've done most of the maths for the kickstart but I got stuck with the graph bit, so I'll probably go over it tomorrow in like proper detail. Plus doing Kickstart has made me realise how long ago I did my Gcses:s-smilie:, plus doing a level maths hasn't help either.
Reply 167
Original post by shelc
I completed the science foundation year last year and I'm looking to sell my books. Chemistry, Biology, Core Maths and Statistics which are the 4 main recommended texts if anyone is interested in buying them?

Hey! Just wondered if you're still selling these? If so can I ask how much? You can message me if you prefer :smile:
Hi I'm looking to apply for this course fore September 2016 entry and was wondering you any of you guys could shed some light on the application process, primarily the widening participation criteria as I am not sure if I meet this. I am currently doing Maths, History and Economics for A level and was wondering if subjects like this are okay for acceptance and also what predicted grades/offer grades from Leeds you guys received upon receiving your place here? Thanks :smile:
I'd get in touch with the staff at the LLC. They are super helpful.
Original post by nspeacock1
Hi I've also applied for the course, they sent me an email to make an appointment with an guidance officer to have a telephone chat so they can take my application further. Has anyone else had this? I'm wanting to do medicine also thanks x

Hey Im thinking of applying for this course to progress onto Chem Eng for September 2016 and was wondering did you send your application through UCAS and then make an appointment to talk to the guidance counsellor?
Reply 171
Original post by Hopeful137
Because it's for paramedic practice and i want to do medicine with 0 funding due to my previous study 😳
I'm really proud about the offer though over 700 applicants for 48 places and I was offered an unconditional one!

What's your progression choice? Will you be ifsy or sys if that's the right names?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Hopeful
First of all Congratulation on getting in!!
Could you please tell me what subjects you took in A levels? and your grades? do you have to give a ukcat or bmat and go throuh the MMI?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi guys,

I know this thread is a bit old now, I’ve just been accepted onto this course for the medicine progression route and was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions?

Quick Reply

Latest