The Student Room Group

Slight difference in course choices

Hi! I'm applying for courses in Business Management/Business Management and French and I'm not sure how to incorporate both business and French in my PS since one of the courses does not include French.

Business Management and French
Business with Human Resource Management
French/Business and Management
French and Management

Any advice?
Make sure you've covered both business management and human resources in your statement equally. A para about French should do it.
You can't avoid talking about French really if most of your options include the French aspect. Just hope that the Business with Human Resource Management course don't mind.
Reply 3
I'm like you as well, my ucas application course is a mess :frown:. I've put Business Management with Music and another one for just music alone, when i'm studying an access course only in BUSINESS.

Some say that you just ignore the other one and focus on the main ones you want to study.
Original post by O.Ozz
I'm like you as well, my ucas application course is a mess :frown:. I've put Business Management with Music and another one for just music alone, when i'm studying an access course only in BUSINESS.

Some say that you just ignore the other one and focus on the main ones you want to study.

BM with music indicates that music is only a small part of that course (probably around 25%, maximum 33%), so it won't really work to apply for straight music as your focus should be on BM for most of your PS for the other course.
Reply 5
Original post by *Interrobang*
BM with music indicates that music is only a small part of that course (probably around 25%, maximum 33%), so it won't really work to apply for straight music as your focus should be on BM for most of your PS for the other course.

I've heard some people would apply to two different courses but just focus on one personal statement and they have had success in getting an offer on their 2nd course.
Original post by O.Ozz
I've heard some people would apply to two different courses but just focus on one personal statement and they have had success in getting an offer on their 2nd course.

It's unlikely with courses which are so different tbh, and as I said the balance is different. It might be easier if you were applying for music and music with business, with the main focus on music in all your courses, but 'business with music' is very different

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending