The Student Room Group

sports therapy personal statement help please

Hey!
I left school 10 years ago so I'm out of the loop of what needs to go into a personal statement and what doesn't!
I'm applying for a foundation degree sports therapy/similar course.
I hold Level 3 in personal training and nutrition (points not counted?)
AS Textiles: C, Level 3 Interior Design and studied AVCE Double award Leisure and Recreation (but didn't take exams due to personal reasons)
But I have worked as a gymnastics coach and personal trainer since 2003 and although being made redundant in 2011 I have been doing voluntary work on farms, growing food - related to nutrition) and travelling between jobs (which have been coaching jobs)
I'm not sure what needs to be listed and which points to highlight, having applied years ago I didn't get accepted due to them thinking I need to gain an access course so I want a strong PS to prove I can start..

Any help greatly appreciated :biggrin:
Thanks
https://www.studential.com/bio/getps.asp?ps=661 here is an example of a personal statement for sports therapy
Your qualifications should go in the relevant section of the application. Don't waste space talking about them in your statement. Do talk about your work experience but reflect on skills gained and what you learnt about working in the field or related fields. You need to focus on why you want to study the subject and why you find it interesting. Have a look at some of the content of the courses and talk about your interest in it. You should also talk about any reading you've done about the area.
Reply 3
thanks you two :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending