The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Undergrad Applying For Accommodation 2015

Hello fellow prospective Leeds student! :smile:

I'm hoping to have Leeds as my firm for German & International Business & I'm really excited at going there (it is the perfect uni for me), and I'm hoping to make this official on UCAS soon. I know we have months for the accommodation deadline but I just want to get in out of the way as soon as I can!

I thought it would be nice to have a forum for people firming/insuring to share opinions on accommodation (baring in mind not everyone can look at all the different residences on the open days/offer-holder days), as well as sharing questions and for current students to answer questions/post opinions/photos.

I have a couple of questions to start with:
- How many different residences can we apply for?
- How likely is it for someone to get into one of their top three choices?

I know this is ridiculously early so I don't expect people to get into this quite yet, but unlike on some other Uni forums on TSR, the Leeds forum doesn't have one of the accommodation factfile pages, so I thought it would be nice to have a Q&A instead :smile:
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Hello fellow prospective Leeds student! :smile:

I'm hoping to have Leeds as my firm for German & International Business & I'm really excited at going there (it is the perfect uni for me), and I'm hoping to make this official on UCAS soon. I know we have months for the accommodation deadline but I just want to get in out of the way as soon as I can!

I thought it would be nice to have a forum for people firming/insuring to share opinions on accommodation (baring in mind not everyone can look at all the different residences on the open days/offer-holder days), as well as sharing questions and for current students to answer questions/post opinions/photos.

I have a couple of questions to start with:
- How many different residences can we apply for?
- How likely is it for someone to get into one of their top three choices?

I know this is ridiculously early so I don't expect people to get into this quite yet, but unlike on some other Uni forums on TSR, the Leeds forum doesn't have one of the accommodation factfile pages, so I thought it would be nice to have a Q&A instead :smile:

Speaking as a current Leeds undergrad:

If I remember correctly, you get to pick your first choice. After that will be a series of questions regarding your accommodation preferences, including one where you'll rank certain traits (proximity to campus, facilities, social life, catered vs. self-catered, etc) according to priority. So if you don't end up getting your first choice, they'll use this info to try and find the next best place fitting the traits you consider most important.

Probability of you getting the place you want highly depends on which place you pick. Central Village is highly in demand, and James Baille is pretty popular as well, both for good reason. I've yet to meet someone who's unhappy with where they were placed though, even if it wasn't their first choice. Uni accommodation overall is pretty decent, and they try to accommodate your preferences.
Reply 3
What is the social side of central village looking like now? Previous posts on other threads have implied that it wasn't very social since it's only recently been built, and that's the only thing that worries me about this accommodation that's making me question whether to put it as my top choice!

Quick Reply

Latest