The Student Room Group

Sixth form conditional offer

Not sure if this is the right sub thread but hey ho! How do conditional offers work, do you need to meet the entry requirements in the mocks to get one or not? If so then I am probably screwed but if not then I at least have a chance :biggrin:
Original post by Mahel
Not sure if this is the right sub thread but hey ho! How do conditional offers work, do you need to meet the entry requirements in the mocks to get one or not? If so then I am probably screwed but if not then I at least have a chance :biggrin:

I think you do for example if you are predicted mostly B's and you get them at your final GCSEs the sixthform you want to go will accept you. All you need 5A-C including English and Maths to progress to A levels-this should not be a big ask.
Reply 2
Original post by German123
I think you do for example if you are predicted mostly B's and you get them at your final GCSEs the sixthform you want to go will accept you. All you need 5A-C including English and Maths to progress to A levels-this should not be a big ask.

My school that I'm at right now want 4A 3B. Seeing I'm already at the school, do I need to get it in the mocks or can I simply get it in the real thing and have a guaranteed spot?
Original post by Mahel
My school that I'm at right now want 4A 3B. Seeing I'm already at the school, do I need to get it in the mocks or can I simply get it in the real thing and have a guaranteed spot?

If you get a minimum of around 2A's and 2B's in the mocks, you should get a conditional offer as long as you convince them you can get the 4A's and 3B's in the real thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mahel

I think your teachers will decide based on your final mocks but at the end of the day it is your actual GCSE results that matter. Also since you already attend your school(assuming you want to stay there for sixthform) then i am sure they will guarantee you a place. Just make sure you do well in your mocks and even better on the real thing.

Good luck:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ZSHNZ
If you get a minimum of around 2A's and 2B's, you should get a conditional offer as long as you convince them you can get the 4A's and 3B's in the real thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you go in for an interview or something before you get a conditional offer? An external school need 3A 4B, i can get it in the actual exams but i don't think i can in the mocks
Original post by Mahel

If you get a conditional offer and meet the entry requirements they ask for when you get your results, then you get a place.
Original post by Mahel
Do you go in for an interview or something before you get a conditional offer? An external school need 3A 4B, i can get it in the actual exams but i don't think i can in the mocks

Forget the mocks- its what you get in the actual exams that will get you in.
If the 6th forms/colleges you have applies to say they want x grades for you to get in, then any conditional offer they give you will be based on you getting those grades in your actual exams. They will give you a conditional offer regardless, then when you get your grades on results day if you get the grades you get in, if you dont then you dont. Your mocks have nothing to do with it. They might look at your predicted grades, but thats about it.
Reply 8
What I'm asking everyone is are there requirements for getting that conditional offer? I don't want to miss out and then have to be making late applications on results day if you get what I mean :smile:
Reply 9
My current school http://www.dartfordgrammarschool.org.uk
My backup options http://www.dartfordgrammargirls.kent.sch.uk and http://www.bexleygs.co.uk

Not sure how conditional offers are given out
Original post by Mahel
What I'm asking everyone is are there requirements for getting that conditional offer? I don't want to miss out and then have to be making late applications on results day if you get what I mean :smile:

There arent usually any conditions for getting a conditional offer.
Most 6th forms and college interview everyone anyway. Then they will give offers to pretty much everyone (they usually have to have pretty good reasons to not give people a conditional offer at this point- this isnt like uni). And on results day if you get the grades then you are in.
Reply 11
Original post by Emma:-)
There arent usually any conditions for getting a conditional offer.
Most 6th forms and college interview everyone anyway. Then they will give offers to pretty much everyone (they usually have to have pretty good reasons to not give people a conditional offer at this point- this isnt like uni). And on results day if you get the grades then you are in.

Then what is the point of the mocks?
Original post by Mahel
Then what is the point of the mocks?

They are mainly for you and your teachers- to see where you are at, what sort of grades you are getting at the moment, where you need to improve etc before the real thing.

Quick Reply

Latest