The Student Room Group

After sixth form

At the moment I am doing a levels in biology, psychology, English language and geography. After sixth form I want to pursue a career in science, either sports/pediatric nursing or something related to geography. At the moment my predicted grades are at about a B except biology which I am struggling with. I was thinking about going to college after my a2 exams and doing Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness BTEC Extended Diploma. This would give me a wider variety of qualifications and extend my passion for sport. Would people recommend this or would I be better off just going to university and starting from scratch in whatever course I choose?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by richo12
At the moment I am doing a levels in biology, psychology, English language and geography. After sixth form I want to pursue a career in science, either sports/pediatric nursing or something related to geography. At the moment my predicted grades are at about a B except biology which I am struggling with. I was thinking about going to college after my a2 exams and doing Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness BTEC Extended Diploma. This would give me a wider variety of qualifications and extend my passion for sport. Would people recommend this or would I be better off just going to university and starting from scratch in whatever course I choose?

It depends if you would rather spend some more time and keep more doors open whilst gaining more qualifications and taking longer to get a career. I would say going to uni is enough for me. Unis tend to not look at BTEC as seriously as alevels but it's up to you and your personal preference.

Quick Reply

Latest