The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm indian(punjabi) and I don't find my race attractive at all. I am so attracted to white men,it's ridiculous !! I never see me marrying an indian man(my parents will be so proud :biggrin:)! I really dislike the culture and that contributes massively I believe, I don't want to be practising these traditions after i'm married, I swear I have had enough. Also It's not just their looks I'm not into, it's also their attitudes. A lot of them(not all) carry this sense of entitlement and many of them lack reason and blindly follow religion. I truly believe it's due to their sheltered traditional upbringing. Their narrow minded view on sex amongst other things turns me off completely(Oh and I'm just not sexually attracted to them!) .Where I go to school the indians don't really integrate with other races (that pisses me off most). They just float around in their massive groups using Punjabi words in every sentence. They make the culture their identity, I have spent forever doing the opposite. Fair enough if your proud but don't act like a complete idiot. It's quite pathetic, mind you some of these guys are leaving for uni soon,so sad their sheltered views will be released to the real world.

It's not just the men I'm not into, its also the music (I despise it!), the weddings,clothes but I do like the food so ha. I think I was born into the wrong race,I honestly do!

You're not the only one. Although my parents were very relaxed about me marrying my now husband. Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
From a white male's perspective, it's just easier. I don't want to deal with racist parents.
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Using 'all' is inviting yourself to criticism, but this is nonsense. Most guys I know (uni,friends etc) will not say thy prefer east asian women. Tbh, I'm yet to find one that has that preference.

Me personally, I like a mixture

So mixed race girls (black-white,black-indian,white-asian)
or Latina (even then they are generally mixed esp Cubans,Puerto Ricans,Brazilians etc)

Then possibly middle eastern, then white,
East Asian is not my top preference

It's just what i read a while ago. Study by some American University.

Personally i'm white and prefer my fellow white women but i'm open to Hispanics and East Asians. Don't really find African women attractive and would never date a Muslim which rules out Arab and South Asian.
Original post by Rakas21
It's just what i read a while ago. Study by some American University.

Personally i'm white and prefer my fellow white women but i'm open to Hispanics and East Asians. Don't really find African women attractive and would never date a Muslim which rules out Arab and South Asian.

Just saying most South Asians are not Muslim, most South Asians are Hindu. And there are also quite a lot of non-Muslim Arabs.
Original post by Espeon196
Just saying most South Asians are not Muslim, most South Asians are Hindu. And there are also quite a lot of non-Muslim Arabs.

I was thinking Pakistan and Bangladesh. Though the caste system makes Hindu's sound equally backward.

That's true but the majority are of some kind.
Original post by Rakas21
I was thinking Pakistan and Bangladesh. Though the caste system makes Hindu's sound equally backward.

That's true but the majority are of some kind.

I was thinking India and Nepal. The caste system is barely followed in the UK. And anyway why wouldn't you date a Muslim or Hindu girl anyway? Just out of interest.
Original post by 9MmBulletz
Using 'all' is inviting yourself to criticism, but this is nonsense. Most guys I know (uni,friends etc) will not say thy prefer east asian women. Tbh, I'm yet to find one that has that preference.

Me personally, I like a mixture

So mixed race girls (black-white,black-indian,white-asian)
or Latina (even then they are generally mixed esp Cubans,Puerto Ricans,Brazilians etc)

Then possibly middle eastern, then white,
East Asian is not my top preference

Not saying this applies to you, but I've got some friends who say they prefer 'mixed' girls and then point out girls who have basically a slight colouration with entirely white features. Almost a way of saying ''I like white girls but I dont want to appear to be against black girls'' Again people have an instinct to be with people they feel are like them
(edited 9 years ago)
I was thinking India and Nepal. The caste system is barely followed in the UK. And anyway why wouldn't you date a Muslim or Hindu girl anyway? Just out of interest.

Well Hindu's i know very little about so i'd consider them. Since i have a very negative opinion of a lot of Muslims it';s hard to see that relationship ending well.
Original post by Rakas21
Well Hindu's i know very little about so i'd consider them. Since i have a very negative opinion of a lot of Muslims it';s hard to see that relationship ending well.

Which negative opinions do you personally hold?
Which negative opinions do you personally hold?

Well i don't really want to get into it since it will no doubt cause some offense but in Bradford there are stories of rapes, shootings, stabbings, domestic abuse. A lot give the impression that they have no interest in integrating into British society and would rather live in 'Bradistan'. In addition i get the impression that a lot of Muslims value their religion over prosperity. Extending this to an international basis i quite simply view the Muslim world as culturally inferior and a stain on humanity.

I know that there are individuals both on here and in RL who don't display what I've said (i do have a handful of Muslim friends) but i see them as the exception rather than the rule. Unfortunately my liberal instincts here do not over-weigh my perception. I do see Islam as a threat to western values.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
Well i don't really want to get into it since it will no doubt cause some offense but in Bradford there are stories of rapes, shootings, stabbings, domestic abuse. A lot give the impression that they have no interest in integrating into British society and would rather live in 'Bradistan'. In addition i get the impression that a lot of Muslims value their religion over prosperity. Extending this to an international basis i quite simply view the Muslim world as culturally inferior and a stain on humanity.

I know that there are individuals both on here and in RL who don't display what I've said (i do have a handful of Muslim friends) but i see them as the exception rather than the rule. Unfortunately my liberal instincts here do not over-weigh my perception. I do see Islam as a threat to western values.

I disagree with most of what you have mentioned, maybe because I am Muslim myself.
But I understand, you wouldn't consider being in a relationship with a Muslim due to your opinions.
Original post by Rakas21

Fair enough that you don't like Islam, but to label a whole community based on the few Muslims who do the sick things you just mentioned is both illogical and morally wrong.

I understand what you said about not dating a muslim, because of your different views on life it probably wouldn't work if they were religious. I personally wouldn't mind dating a non muslim, but then again I'm not very religious. Most religious muslims would mind.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Are you kidding? Simple evolutions psychology. In the early days of mankind, when people didn't get around much, they rarely got to see a race other than their own in their lifetime. So a natural preference formed, while other races were seen as a threat (which they were - people just killed things that looked different back then).

Have you ever visited a school that teaches biology or history?

Have you?

There's also a theory that people are generally attracted to people with very different genetic make-up from their own, as it could lead to immunologically strong progeny.

Considering these conflicting theories, OP is asking a fairly valid question.
Well you obviously have a bias for your own race because of tribalism. It's not like a racial grouping has anything like too little internal genetic variation to cause inbreeding, so there's no outward pressure from that. Once that's out of the way you then have the social accident of white people being the dominant race across more or less the whole world (and for someone in the UK/Europe that effect will go right down to the level of the local community). Plus the fact that there are just more white people around so that apart from the simple law of averages you're pretty likely to see them as your in-group despite the skin colour difference.
Original post by tammie123
Fair enough that you don't like Islam, but to label a whole community based on the few Muslims who do the sick things you just mentioned is both illogical and morally wrong.

I understand what you said about not dating a muslim, because of your different views on life it probably wouldn't work if they were religious. I personally wouldn't mind dating a non muslim, but then again I'm not very religious. Most religious muslims would mind.

Sure. It's hard to see where the cultural issues start and the economic issues end (have Muslims made Bradford as bad as it is today or are the crime rates ect.. simply a symptom of socioeconomic issues) plus of course Islam is diverse. The Muslims from Pakistan may be different to those from Egypt.

But as i say. I've found it hard to reconcile my generally liberal views (i tend to put the economy ahead of culture) but my perception is that Islam is especially invasive and incompatible.
Original post by Rakas21
Sure. It's hard to see where the cultural issues start and the economic issues end (have Muslims made Bradford as bad as it is today or are the crime rates ect.. simply a symptom of socioeconomic issues) plus of course Islam is diverse. The Muslims from Pakistan may be different to those from Egypt.

But as i say. I've found it hard to reconcile my generally liberal views (i tend to put the economy ahead of culture) but my perception is that Islam is especially invasive and incompatible.

Yeah but that's like saying I hate black people because they've ruined east london and increased the crime rates, when this is not true at all. Do you see why that's wrong? I don't know about bradford but quite a few areas in east london suffer greatly from poverty and at the moment that theory is one of the most highly accepted reasons for the cause of increased crime rates (amonst many others, none of which mention race).

Before blaming muslims, maybe you could do a bit more research and look into other possible reasons for the high crime rate. It's very illogical to scapegoat a whole community like that, and reminds me of nazi germany.
Original post by I love shopping
Have you?

There's also a theory that people are generally attracted to people with very different genetic make-up from their own, as it could lead to immunologically strong progeny.

Considering these conflicting theories, OP is asking a fairly valid question.

Yeah but there's already plenty of genetic variation within races, in fact, races wrt genetic make-up are what statisticians call internally and externally invalid constructs: not only is there much genetic variation within races, there's also very little genetic distinction between races.

That means we're well past the point of diminishing returns, going for someone outside your race is not going to confer a material immunological advantage over going for someone from your race.

This is particularly true today when we have all been intermingling for a good long while, it was less true back in the time of the settlement of America where you had a Native population that hadn't been exposed to a Eurasian pathogen for like 10,000 years. Had the Europeans organically diffused into America over a long period of time like they could in contiguous Eurasia the admixture would then have conferred an advantage that meant no smallpox pandemic and the survival of the Native polities.
Original post by tammie123
Yeah but that's like saying I hate black people because they've ruined east london and increased the crime rates, when this is not true at all. Do you see why that's wrong? I don't know about bradford but quite a few areas in east london suffer greatly from poverty and at the moment that theory is one of the most highly accepted reasons for the cause of increased crime rates (amonst many others, none of which mention race).

Before blaming muslims, maybe you could do a bit more research and look into other possible reasons for the high crime rate. It's very illogical to scapegoat a whole community like that, and reminds me of nazi germany.

The bit in bold does have a bit of truth to it, of course it shouldn't mean that ALL black people are responsible for it. Just like not all muslims are responsible for all the islamism, child rape and grooming gangs. However, taking that into account, it's obvious why some people wouldn't want to date them.
It's all Personal I'm white and i don't find white guys attractive don't know why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there, I am Caribbean but I find South East Asians A LOT more attractive than my own race.. it is my opinion.. I do find Caribbean dudes attractive but SE Asian's to me, are much hotter.

Latest

Trending

Trending