The Student Room Group

How many sexual partners do you feel is a lot?

Just a little about myself to give an insight into my opinions:

-I'm a 17 year old girl, 18 in March.
-Lost my virginity in February this year, a month before I turned 17.
-I have had 6 different sexual partners, not including those I have done 'stuff' with other than sex.
-None of these have been whilst I was in a relationship.
-4 of these have been whilst I was drunk.
-All times have been with someone I know to some extent.

My opinion is that my amount of partners is definitely extensive for someone of my age, however this does not mean that I intended to stop.

So what do you think is too many sexual partners, and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Double digits get's me questioning things. But really the easy way to see is if they are proud of having many partners. I've met two girls who've slept with over 30 guys. One wasn't proud of this fact, the other was. The former has now been in a relationship for over a year and it looks to be going strong, the other has literally had a mental breakdown and may also lose her job.

For anyone that says sleeping around is normal, then I ask them why is it then that it's done almost exclusively when both parties are drunk?
Reply 2
Why do you ask? Isn't it up to the person doing the deed to judge what is the right amount for them. One down side of a lot of short term partners might be lower quality less uninhibited sex with partners you can't be sure of.
Reply 3
Original post by Foo.mp3
Excessive*

I don't really think in terms of numbers, too abstract and I almost never go there conversationally. Instead see a girl's historic/present behaviour for reference :holmes:

The problem a girl like yourself will often have is that you will develop a reputation for being easy, and if future (prospective) partners catch wind of you having had guys bone you whilst smashed, well.. they are unlikely to take you very seriously/treat you very well :rolleyes:

That was in fact the word I was looking for :colondollar:

Sadly, where I live I am regarded as someone quite the opposite. Many girls my age, and younger (Especially younger), have slept with a larger amount of boys. It's quite surprising when you come to think of it.

It was probably worth stating that even though I wasn't in a relationship with anyone, I was 'seeing' half of them.
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
Why do you ask? Isn't it up to the person doing the deed to judge what is the right amount for them. One down side of a lot of short term partners might be lower quality less uninhibited sex with partners you can't be sure of.

The only reason I ask is to see other peoples views. But I agree with your point about judging the amount for yourself.
Depends on the person and what they feel sex means. I have friends to whom it means absolutely nothing but pleasure so they sleep around (sober) because they want sex with out the hassle of a relationship. I assume one of my friends "man count" is in the 100's.

I however have been with 5 guys in 10 years and to me that's a lot. To my friends I'm practicAlly a virgin lol
Reply 6
When you start to think you've had too many, you're probably nearing it.
'A lot' is subjective. Your opinion of 'a lot' and someone else's opinion will differ.

I'd say however many makes you question if it's a lot, is a lot..

If you're fine with it, then that's cool and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. But if you're starting to feel uncomfortable with it. Then maybe it's time to slow down and build friendships opposed to casual flings.

You ask a question with no definitive answer, it's just about how you feel as it is your body after all.
Reply 8
Original post by laurennmc
'A lot' is subjective. Your opinion of 'a lot' and someone else's opinion will differ.

I'd say however many makes you question if it's a lot, is a lot..

If you're fine with it, then that's cool and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. But if you're starting to feel uncomfortable with it. Then maybe it's time to slow down and build friendships opposed to casual flings.

You ask a question with no definitive answer, it's just about how you feel as it is your body after all.

Really? :colonhash:

C'mon. Go for a quick drive into Birkenhead north and tell me that those people are going to be able to say "jee whizz, I sure should slow down with the amount of partners I have, it may be emotionally detrimental to me!" Or will they just hookup to try and ignore the world they live in?

A lot is when sex becomes just sex. We're not animals, and aren't made to have flings, so when it becomes that, somethings gone wrong.
Original post by geoking
Really? :colonhash:

C'mon. Go for a quick drive into Birkenhead north and tell me that those people are going to be able to say "jee whizz, I sure should slow down with the amount of partners I have, it may be emotionally detrimental to me!" Or will they just hookup to try and ignore the world they live in?

A lot is when sex becomes just sex. We're not animals, and aren't made to have flings, so when it becomes that, somethings gone wrong.

And that is the reason it's subjective. They're the people who won't see it as 'a lot' so it won't matter to them.

I agree with you, but many won't and peoples clashes of opinion is what makes the world a more interesting place :tongue:
Depends on ages and how many years the person in question has been sexually active. :beard: I think that 30 may be quite a bit but isn't a deal breaker imo.
It is a lot in my opinion from where I live you wouldn't find that many 17 yr olds that have slept with 6 guys but if you enjoy yourself then w/e.
I hear Slash has ****ed 5000 women and goodness knows what else.
For me 6-7 would be quite a lot
Reply 14
Who cares especially when it comes to women. As long as you're keeping safe, using protection and not using sex as some coping mechanism for something else then who cares? Girls are allowed to enjoy sex just as much as guys
1.... Way too much for me IMO :colondollar:
In my personal opinion, anything above 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'll stop when it falls off.

I actually bruised the tip once which made me consider this very question. She was crazy and a bit 'over-excited', I think she thought she was playing buckaroo, the pain was intense.
For me... I am aiming for one. Three at most! (Just because) lol
But I dunno. I figure, a good way to break it down is how many partners have I had while dating them, and how many non-dating partners have I had. Seems fun yet a scary way to look at it. It's all about them ratios baby XD
By the end of year 10 a girl in my year (just turned 15) had slept with 11 guys having been sexually active for just over a year..

I think a lot depends on circumstances and stuff. If you are having mindless/drunk sex with multiple people, maybe that is a lot but in my view if you have mindless/drunk sex with the same few people repeatedly (almost friends with benefits in a way) then that is not a lot..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending