The Student Room Group

I treated a guy so terribly........

and I feel absolutely awful about it. Around a year ago I had very bad depression, I was drinking a lot and I was just generally not a nice person.

I am still not 100% from my depression, I am getting there although, I am at a space in my head where I'm beating myself up over the way I've treated people and feeling an incredible amount of guilt.

This guy was so lovely to me and I treated him like a piece of ****. I would arrange dates with him and just not turn up, I would play games with him. I once made him walk all the way to my house at 2 o clock in the morning to come and see me and then when he got here I told him I didn't want to see him. It was a 2 mile walk! Then when he stopped bothering with me because obviously I was a complete ******* bitch he got with someone else and I was awful to him about that aswell. Not once was he ever horrible to me.

I know my depression is no excuse for treating someone so horribly but I swear I was not a normal person and the things from my past had made me that horrible person. Since having therapy I have finally learnt to let my walls down so to speak and I don't feel like I have to be that nasty person or put my guard up anymore.

I don't want him I just want to apologise to him without sounding like a nutter. And I want to tell him how much of a lovely person he is and that he deserves to be happy and I hope he is.

:frown:
Reply 1
Is your question on how you should do this?
perhaps write him a letter? Or arrange a meet up?
Reply 2
Original post by iHateLaw

Yeah sorry....

How do I do it without sounding like a nutter and how do I stop beating myself up over it?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah sorry....

How do I do it without sounding like a nutter and how do I stop beating myself up over it?

I think all you can really do is be honest. Speak from the heart and do it as calmly as you possibly can.

Maybe once you have spoken to him or sent him a letter or whatever you'll stop beating yourself up over it since then he'll be in the know as to what happened and most likely forgiven you, and you'll forgive yourself too.
Reply 4
Guilt will eat away at you, I can honestly tell you just getting the sorry out in the open feels great. You may not get the response you expected but it's a huge weight of your shoulders. Nowadays when things happen I just say sorry straight away, so much easier. Don't think just do it.
Original post by iHateLaw

A letter sounds good. If she has constantly failed to show in the past, it is unlikely that he would agree to a meet up.

Whether he accepts the apology or not is another matter, but at least you tried.
Reply 6
Yeah sorry....

Show him what you just wrote up there^^^, I'm sure he'll understand and forgive you :smile:
Honesty is the best policy. Just tell him the truth and I am sure he will understand. I would say that a hand written letter would be the best way to contact him.
and I feel absolutely awful about it. Around a year ago I had very bad depression, I was drinking a lot and I was just generally not a nice person.

I am still not 100% from my depression, I am getting there although, I am at a space in my head where I'm beating myself up over the way I've treated people and feeling an incredible amount of guilt.

This guy was so lovely to me and I treated him like a piece of ****. I would arrange dates with him and just not turn up, I would play games with him. I once made him walk all the way to my house at 2 o clock in the morning to come and see me and then when he got here I told him I didn't want to see him. It was a 2 mile walk! Then when he stopped bothering with me because obviously I was a complete ******* ***** he got with someone else and I was awful to him about that aswell. Not once was he ever horrible to me.

I know my depression is no excuse for treating someone so horribly but I swear I was not a normal person and the things from my past had made me that horrible person. Since having therapy I have finally learnt to let my walls down so to speak and I don't feel like I have to be that nasty person or put my guard up anymore.

I don't want him I just want to apologise to him without sounding like a nutter. And I want to tell him how much of a lovely person he is and that he deserves to be happy and I hope he is.

:frown:

This is wonderful that you have apologized your mistakes . He will be happy if you feel bad about what you did to him . You should always be good to everyone . don't ever hurt anyone who cares for you. Remember this always and stay happy.
Original post by winfordhowar90
This is wonderful that you have apologized your mistakes . He will be happy if you feel bad about what you did to him . You should always be good to everyone . don't ever hurt anyone who cares for you. Remember this always and stay happy.

This thread is 5 years old.

And the last comment was mine :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending