The Student Room Group

I have a year free. What productive things can I do?

I basically dropped out of university. I plan to reapply next year for a different course. In the mean time, what can I do that's productive, I don't want to waste a year and have nothing to show for it. I already work out and have a part time job. I'm open to any suggestions! :smile:
Thanks!
Step up your workout routine, try to learn a new language, run a marathon, volunteer, revise, learn to drive, do some rock climbing, travel if possible (even around the same country you're in or elsewhere cheaply) and be more social.
Maybe learn a skill, a language, get some work experience in whatever field you are interested in. But make sure whatever you decide to do is something that challenges you and helps you grow as a person particularly in a mental sense, as that is something you can carry with you for the rest of your life.
Original post by Envee
I basically dropped out of university. I plan to reapply next year for a different course. In the mean time, what can I do that's productive, I don't want to waste a year and have nothing to show for it. I already work out and have a part time job. I'm open to any suggestions! :smile:
Thanks!

Envy how are you? It's really important that you do something good for your CV. We'd love you to come and do AmeriCamp. You can say to employers afterwards that you have worked in a foreign country, with people from all around the world and (hopefully) succeeded.

In fact check it out www.AmeriCamp.co.uk

You even get #FreeBiscuits :biggrin: x

#AmeriChristmas x

Quick Reply

Latest