The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Has to be said

Exeter people, you are so lucky.

It is an absolutely beautiful place. I've never been before (despite living in Devon and frequenting Exeter often!), however, I have a couple of friends who have recently joined as freshers, so I went to visit today.

So very lovely. It's so green! And so easy to get into the town centre, so lovely, everything you want, everything you need. No, I am head over heels in love. I'm ringing UCAS first thing in the morning and changing 4 (yes, 4) of my options to Exeter. I went to see Nottingham last year and thought it was really great, but didn't know that Exeter had a very similar campus. I didn't go to Nottingham because it was so far away; now I have the perfect solution 1 hour from home!

Now I am just praying beyond praying they accept me.

And isn't Birks Grange fab? It's like a travelodge! I couldn't believe my friend's room!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hehehe, Exeter definitely has a certain charm about it, much like the rest of south devon :wink:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Yeah, it's not bad :p:
Reply 3
South Devon is a bit pants really, North is better. :biggrin:

I'm still in love with Birks Grange!
Reply 4
Lady_Muck
South Devon is a bit pants really, North is better. :biggrin:

:eek: :eek:
you know what? Yes, yes you are right! We are lucky devils...life is good down here
Reply 6
I don't like the city... think it's a bit rubbish and a bit of a hole.
But the actual uni is really nice :]
Reply 7
How much have you actually had to do with it, given you live in Leicestershire and Lincoln....? I stand to be corrected, but it's going up anyway.

I changed my application today, 4 courses at Exeter :redface: seems drastic, but, well, I'm so much happier for it!
Reply 8
I loved Exeter Uni even before I had got out of the car at the open day :wink: I really hope I get in there!! It's the only Uni I've been too that I can actually see myself living and studing at! I could even see myself living in Lafrowda Standard :wink:

Exeter:love:
Reply 9
Aphrodite, I was like that - I could really imagine living/studying here when I visited and now here I am! And it's goood.
Reply 10
Yes yes, it is GOOD! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Exeter is beautiful, what a green lush campus, I hope to God I get an offer. I loooove Devon, it's my fave bit of the country, I've been to the city of Exeter as well as the uni and it is all just perfect pour moi, I really wanna go now :biggrin:
Reply 12
hanby and Aphrodite, these are EXACTLY the sorts of things I was writing last year! Its really weird looking back at it now I'm here. I'm sure you guys will get in, and if you do, I'm even more sure you'll love it. Its so cool.

Although, Lady Muck, I gotta say althought Birks Grange is nice, Kilmorie rocks the socks off it :wink:
Reply 13
Bah, it's all about Penny C :biggrin:
Mardon tops you all, I am sorry to say.
Well, perhaps I'm not that sorry, 'cause it's all the better for me, but you know..:wink::smile:
Reply 15
No no, it is right to love Birks Grange. It's like a hotel full of exciting people and there is always something going on. And the rooms are even nicer than in Holland.

It is weird to see people thinking the same kind of things as I was thinking last year now that I'm here - as soon as I got to Exeter I knew I was going to like it, both the campus and the city. It's a really nice place to study and an excellent place to live, for going out, shopping, anything really. I love it here - good luck, Aphrodite and Lady_Muck! Maybe we'll be seeing you in 2007... :biggrin:
Reply 16
MOBERLY HOUSE!!!!! woooo. Its a total pile, but i wouldnt change it for the wolrd. So basic (as in, we dont even have carpet) yet so fantastic at the same time!
Reply 17
sophierw
MOBERLY HOUSE!!!!! woooo. Its a total pile, but i wouldnt change it for the wolrd. So basic (as in, we dont even have carpet) yet so fantastic at the same time!

Actually, I quite like Moberly. Admittedly I have only ever been there when drunk... but you guys have such small beds, and the weird wooden sauna-style ceilings... painted brick walls... linoleum floors... I don't know if I'd like to live there, but at least the corridors aren't all locked off from one another like they are in Birks. That gets on all my nerves.
Reply 18
Moberly has a great atmosphere, some really cool people. There is this one reeeeallly strange girl there though... :p: :biggrin:

Hope is great too, we have The Badger Bar :biggrin:
Cornwall is my true love :wink: But I've kinda adopted Exeter into Cornwall :wink: Im half cornish :p: Exeter has the most amazing views ever! I even love that little green pond =D (the little one past Harrison Building when youre heading towards the theatre :wink:) Im glad Im not the only one who can see hteirselves living there :p::biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending