The Student Room Group

numerical tests - how to improve !!

hey guys

I am wondering if you would have any tips to improve I got the assessmentday online package but it not really my numerical skills but my time I am really struggling with !! how do you approach questions ? should I read the graph first or the question. I hate how I feel like practising isn't really helping ! agh
Original post by lilyc393
hey guys

I am wondering if you would have any tips to improve I got the assessmentday online package but it not really my numerical skills but my time I am really struggling with !! how do you approach questions ? should I read the graph first or the question. I hate how I feel like practising isn't really helping ! agh

Imo, Numerical reasoning tests are that hard at all!

I was like you before thinking they were hard as hell and couldn't focus due to time pressure.

As everyone else has said before - Practice makes perfect and works 100%

For me personally, here are some tips that helped me along the way:

a) Don't be intimidated by the time - Don't bother glancing at the time too much as It makes you feel like you are behind, which leads to nervousness and ultimately mocking up the rest of your test

b) Read the data first then the question - So you know what you are dealing with and it will help you avoid making mistakes.

c) Have a pen and paper ready, if your mental maths is not up to speed, jot it down on paper and work it like a normal maths question, Have a scientific calculator too.

Everything I stated is probs something you've heard like a million times already, but it's worth a shot taking these in mind.

Youtube is a good source to find tips and techniques.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending