The Student Room Group

Highly depressed about my IGCSE fail grades...!

I gave IGCSEs for may/june 2014, my results were two Es (bio n chemi) One C (English) One D (computers) One F (environmental management) One U (maths) and my physics paper got cancelled due to someone who cheated from me which made a problem to me too (i had no idea anyone is cheating from me)

Moving on, i retook 5 subjects for oct/nov session including 2 extra subjects (business and travel and tourism) retook biology, computer and environment too.

Im now waiting for my results which will come on 21st January but im having problems.. im not studying in any school right now! Im supposed to be doing grade 12 but the schools usually require Cs in the subjects i wanna take (for example C for IGCSE biology in order to proceed to As level in grade 12)

Im highly interested in biological science but it needs chemistry and physics for As level in order to get admitted in the university which i havent done! So im planning to take the may/june session 2015 exams for bio, phys and chemi but im just not sure if the school will accept me because im taking a year gap... i just dont know what to do at the moment! im way too depressed about it. I will highly appreciate any suggestions! please help me...thanks in advance.

I live in Dubai, UAE by the way, if needed to know where.
Hopefully things will work out for you.
You will probably have to apply to schools now and start grade 12 in September. Biological science only needs A-level biology plus two other A-levels of your choice. You could take A-levels in chemistry or physics or both if you want and particularly chemistry would be looked well upon. The school should accept you if you achieve the relevant IGCSE grades.
Maybe start self-studying for grade 12 now if you have nothing better to do.
Original post by DaSadPanda
I gave IGCSEs for may/june 2014, my results were two Es (bio n chemi) One C (English) One D (computers) One F (environmental management) One U (maths) and my physics paper got cancelled due to someone who cheated from me which made a problem to me too (i had no idea anyone is cheating from me)

Moving on, i retook 5 subjects for oct/nov session including 2 extra subjects (business and travel and tourism) retook biology, computer and environment too.

Im now waiting for my results which will come on 21st January but im having problems.. im not studying in any school right now! Im supposed to be doing grade 12 but the schools usually require Cs in the subjects i wanna take (for example C for IGCSE biology in order to proceed to As level in grade 12)

Im highly interested in biological science but it needs chemistry and physics for As level in order to get admitted in the university which i havent done! So im planning to take the may/june session 2015 exams for bio, phys and chemi but im just not sure if the school will accept me because im taking a year gap... i just dont know what to do at the moment! im way too depressed about it. I will highly appreciate any suggestions! please help me...thanks in advance.

I live in Dubai, UAE by the way, if needed to know where.

Honestly,don't let this obstacle disrupt your peace of mind.I'm doing my Igcses this week and I've had a rough year which kinda hindered my revision.I was stressed and anxious and I actually thought about withdrawing my entry and doing the exam in Oct/Nov but I was told that as a private candidate I would limit the schools that would accept me in As level.So now I'm just gonna do the revision with whatever knowledge I have and If I get bad grades,I'm just gonna repeat 11th again.Don't fret yourself,let god in and things could be waaaay worse.My advice would be to work your butt of for the next session and get hella good grades that'll make it hard not to accept you and also start looking for schools that will accept you,I know Sheffield Private School takes students with low grades.
All the best!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest