The Student Room Group

Not entirely sure on which Degree I want to choose

It has gotten to January of Year 12, recently crossed my mind that I will need to make a final decision on which degree I wish to study over the course of this year.

I know for definite I want to further my understanding of either Computer Science or Physics -I looked at joint honours but wish to attend a Russell Group university and don't like the look of the universities that offer the course.

I am good at Computing - without trying to sound arrogant - so I feel like I owe it to myself to get a degree to show my level of proficiency, but I find Physics much more interesting albeit I'm not as good at it.

Was just looking for general advice, how anyone here would pick if they were in a similar situation or opinions on the degrees from anyone currently or previously studying them.
Original post by TMudd
It has gotten to January of Year 12, recently crossed my mind that I will need to make a final decision on which degree I wish to study over the course of this year.

I know for definite I want to further my understanding of either Computer Science or Physics -I looked at joint honours but wish to attend a Russell Group university and don't like the look of the universities that offer the course.

I am good at Computing - without trying to sound arrogant - so I feel like I owe it to myself to get a degree to show my level of proficiency, but I find Physics much more interesting albeit I'm not as good at it.

Was just looking for general advice, how anyone here would pick if they were in a similar situation or opinions on the degrees from anyone currently or previously studying them.

I would just have think about do you enjoy physics enough to maybe struggle with it for 3 years if you find it difficult or would you rather do a degree you are good at and not enjoy it but get a better classification? I would go and visit the universities that do joint honours , honestly a university won't be right for you just because it's a Russell group uni! Hayley x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending