The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

LGBTQ at SOAS

What is the LGBTQ scene like at SOAS? I love the liberal/hippy/left-wing left wing stuff you have there, but I can't find much on the sexuality scene. Thanks in advance, if anybody can answer!
I don't really have the time to get too involved with the LGBT stuff here but it seems to be a lot more active (especially compared to last year). There are 4 planned events a month, 2 nights out and 2 sort of coffee breaks with cake and things for people who don't drink or want to chat more etc. On top of this there are obviously (being SOAS) a lot of political things. The committee are lovely people too. Also if you can't find what you want within the committee your in central London so there will be something up your street not far away :biggrin:
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
I agree with Squaresquirrel - there are plenty of opportunities to get to know your fellow LGBTQ+ students. I've also been to a University of London LGBTQ event at ULU, which was great fun. I've also met a load of people from other University of London institutions on Hornet who I've not became good friends with (that's all!).

For any issues, there is an unpaid part-time LGBTQ Officer in the Student Union (separate from the LGBTQ Society) and there will be a full time paid liberation co-ordinator once the Union gets funding for that - this was voted for in the last Union General Meeting.

About the gay scene in London, the past 9 days, I've been out 7 nights, with 6 of those in the gay scene. It's cheaper and fun. £1.70 drinks at G-A-Y Late (small bar-club thing)Sun-Thu and free entry to G-A-Y Camp Attack at Heaven (huge club) with a flyer you can pick up on the street. I've made some great friends when out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending