The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

I'm the only one from my school who got accepted :frown: gonna help one of my friends appeal but I'm still going regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm also applied for Harris Westminster but i was a late applicant. Will i have a slimmer chance of getting in?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by danielnoruwa
Hey, I'm also applied for Harris Westminster but i was a late applicant. Will i have a slimmer chance of getting in?

When did you apply? I was a late applicant and I got accepted last week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied just before march. I only just got an examination letter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied just before march. I only just got an examination letter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt you have a slimmer chance of getting in; lots of people applied late and got an offer. This school can accommodate for more students if necessary, which they seem to be doing already; just try your best, see what happens.
Original post by Foodatastic
Yay, what other subjects are you picking?

Chemistry, Biology, Physics & Maths! :smile:
So what is your mysterious first choice?
Original post by QueenGeek
Chemistry, Biology, Physics & Maths! :smile:
So what is your mysterious first choice?

Wilson's Sutton Grammar School; but I won't get in, they don't count 3 of my subjects and have only 10 spaces. I prefer Harris Westminster anyway. Is Harris Westminster your first choice?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samispector
I'm the only one from my school who got accepted :frown: gonna help one of my friends appeal but I'm still going regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just think, now you are going to meet a lot of other new people who you will build awesome friendships with :-) only one other person from my school also got accepted and she's not that interested lol. I've been accepted to another sixth form nearer my location, it's new but has a good reputation so far and most of my friends also got accepted, oh and they give every student a free iPad and free gym membership and books (which I love). However, HWSF offers so much more and it is a life goal of mine to study at Oxford, so altogether we just have to remember to put our priorities first and remember that we have been given a great opportunity lol :-):-):-)
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks, that makes me slightly more relieved. I'm assuming you scored quite highly to get in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
#samispector
(edited 9 years ago)
Wilson's Sutton Grammar School; but I won't get in, they don't count 3 of my subjects and have only 10 spaces. I prefer Harris Westminster anyway. Is Harris Westminster your first choice?

It's a toss up between HSWF and LAE (London Academy of Excellence). I've been accepted by both, so just need to choose... So what are your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a toss up between HSWF and LAE (London Academy of Excellence). I've been accepted by both, so just need to choose... So what are your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I got accepted to LAE too, it is really good there and closer to where I live although I'm choosing HWSF over LAE. However, what I am unsure about is NCS (Newham Collegiate Sicth Form) I got an acceptance letter on Friday, did you apply there by any chance? I really need advice concerning which i should choose lol! :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I cant really choose between my first choice and HWSF, both seem to be great. I just put that school as my first choice because its much harder to get into.

My predicted grades are:

English Lang: B-A
English Lit: A
Mathematics: A*
Further Maths: A*-A**
Biology: A-A*
Chemistry: B-A
Physics: A*
Economics: A-A*
Computing: A*
History: A-A*
Art and Design: A-A*

However my mock exams have proven that i need to do quite a bit of work to get those grades.
What are your predicted grades?
Original post by liquidconfidence
Just think, now you are going to meet a lot of other new people who you will build awesome friendships with :-) only one other person from my school also got accepted and she's not that interested lol. I've been accepted to another sixth form nearer my location, it's new but has a good reputation so far and most of my friends also got accepted, oh and they give every student a free iPad and free gym membership and books (which I love). However, HWSF offers so much more and it is a life goal of mine to study at Oxford, so altogether we just have to remember to put our priorities first and remember that we have been given a great opportunity lol :-):-):-)

I think that HWSF will help me get to Oxford or Cambridge (also my life time ambition) as 50% from Westminster independent school get accepted there and HWSF have access to their teaching facilities. Overall what your saying is 100% true, friends come and go but my A levels are staying with me for life, also I'm bound to get along with many of you in this discussion!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cant really choose between my first choice and HWSF, both seem to be great. I just put that school as my first choice because its much harder to get into.

My predicted grades are:

However my mock exams have proven that i need to do quite a bit of work to get those grades.

English Language - A
English Literature- A*
Maths - A ( I think I can get A* though)
Geography- A*
Additionally science:
Biology- A*
Physics - A*
Chemistry - B
German - C
P.E - Merit (equal to a B)
Business - B
R.E - B (can defo get an A or beyond)
Core science - already got a B

Plus I'm doing my own language for GCSE this year which is an easy A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I'm thinking about maybe swapping English Lit for History or Classics but I'm not sure since all 3 seem interesting
Any advice? Is it even possible at this point since I took my exam in English lit?
Original post by staringatshadows
So I'm thinking about maybe swapping English Lit for History or Classics but I'm not sure since all 3 seem interestingí ½í¸¨
Any advice? Is it even possible at this point since I took my exam in English lit?

I think you should focus of receiving an offer to save the hassle. By the end of GCSE I may not wish to end my education in maths and apparently it's very easily to swap once your in, people even swap subjects a month in according to a current student (assuming you've received the grade needed).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 596

My predicted grades are:

am I the only one who seems to find computing really tedious
(Coursework) really I should have chose history instead
(my three subjects chosen for gcse are computing geography and law)

Although I find law pretty easy as there is no coursework (I'm the biggest victim of procrastination)
I thought i was the only one! Computing coursework is extremely mundane and just boring. Theory isn't too bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xctv
am I the only one who seems to find computing really tedious
(Coursework) really I should have chose history instead
(my three subjects chosen for gcse are computing geography and law)

Although I find law pretty easy as there is no coursework (I'm the biggest victim of procrastination)

I thought i was the only one! Computing coursework is extremely mundane and just boring. Theory isn't too bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, I find Theory harder than Coursework; my coursework got aced. How is your coursework?
My coursework is around a B, but that entirely thanks to the first part (A452). The second part involves python and that's just another language to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending