The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

So I've been invited to an interview

Hey everyone. I just received my interview invitation for Genetics (Bsc) course from the University of Manchester and I have some questions.
Firstly, does this mean that I am almost guaranteed a place?
Secondly, will I receive additional requirements for specific grades that I should obtain on my exams if my interview goes well or does it counts just like an unconditional offer?
Thanks in advance :wink:
Original post by Laimonas
Hey everyone. I just received my interview invitation for Genetics (Bsc) course from the University of Manchester and I have some questions.
Firstly, does this mean that I am almost guaranteed a place?
Secondly, will I receive additional requirements for specific grades that I should obtain on my exams if my interview goes well or does it counts just like an unconditional offer?
Thanks in advance :wink:

Firstly, congratulations! As they give interviews to a lot of candidates, you got to bare in mind they also reject people straight away without an interview. Your predicted grades or personal statement might have been stronger or they feel you might be more suited to the course, hence the interview process. This does not mean you have the place, it's more of a 50/50, if they like how you answer their questions, feel like you're made for the course, then they will make you an offer. If it goes terribly, they will most likely reject you. If you get an offer, they will usually say we want you to get "ABB" for example, maybe an A in the subject most suited to your course. They could give generic offers so ABB without the A in said subject. They will give a conditional offer if it goes well.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending