The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Who's applying this year?

Scroll to see replies

I am! I have wanted to do it since last February, frantically having to go over my maths again! So annoying that it is open to 16 years olds now, given that I could have bypassed 2 years at college, but oh well!
Reply 2
Original post by londonkid2015
I am! I have wanted to do it since last February, frantically having to go over my maths again! So annoying that it is open to 16 years olds now, given that I could have bypassed 2 years at college, but oh well!

Hi, yh its annoying that its available for 16 year olds now :angry:.
Which course are you applying for and which location?
I wanted to do Business Admin in London, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by londonkid2015
I wanted to do Business Admin in London, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen that they now offer cyber security and digital technology this year in the West Midlands so they will be my preferred choices this year. I'm edging towards cyber security though
Hello All

I'm a CSFTA BA Cohort 2 apprentice based in London.

If you have any questions then post them on here and I will try and monitor this thread.

As for the age requirement you still have to be 18+ to apply for the CSFTA scheme. The 16+ age requirement applies to the level 3 apprenticeship.

I'm not in the apprenticeship team and probably wont know the exact details of it (I don't know if they have made changes), I would recommend looking online : https://www.gov.uk/civil-service-apprenticeships

Good Luck to everyone applying.

Kind Regards

James
Reply 6
Original post by JamesGettings
Hello All

I'm a CSFTA BA Cohort 2 apprentice based in London.

If you have any questions then post them on here and I will try and monitor this thread.

As for the age requirement you still have to be 18+ to apply for the CSFTA scheme. The 16+ age requirement applies to the level 3 apprenticeship.

I'm not in the apprenticeship team and probably wont know the exact details of it (I don't know if they have made changes), I would recommend looking online : https://www.gov.uk/civil-service-apprenticeships

Good Luck to everyone applying.

Kind Regards

James

For the Digital technology and cyber security apprenticeships it says you need 2 A levels in stem subjects. As I only have one is it safe to say I won't be allowed to take the scheme? Or could I put them as my third choice?
Original post by sdotd
For the Digital technology and cyber security apprenticeships it says you need 2 A levels in stem subjects. As I only have one is it safe to say I won't be allowed to take the scheme? Or could I put them as my third choice?

Well that's new for this year, so I couldn't tell you based off experience. Your best bet is to ask the apprenticeship team directly. What A-level subjects did you do?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by JamesGettings
Well that's new for this year, so I couldn't tell you based off experience. Your best bet is to ask the apprenticeship team directly. What A-level subjects did you do?

If you just have one STEM subject but have got 2/3 A's in your other subjects and do really well in your application then I think that's harsh. But as I said your best bet is to ask them.

Thanks
Reply 9
Anyone got any tips about what to put in the competency section? Applying for business admin
Reply 10
I'm also stuck on the competency question applying for Business Admin. I'm just confused about the downloadable document how it has no framework for a motivation question?
Yeh same here it has no relevance
Reply 12
They've removed the link now if you log back in? Seems to make sense now the link isn't there, must have been a mistake
Sent off my application yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Jamo15191
Anyone got any tips about what to put in the competency section? Applying for business adminwhat are the questions?
ill try helping you out..
It says equivalent so if you have a BTEC etc you can apply
Has anyone done the assessments yet? Pretty sure I just ballsed up the numeracy one :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by Piledriver
Has anyone done the assessments yet? Pretty sure I just ballsed up the numeracy one :biggrin:

When did they get back to you about assessments? I sent my application off on the 2nd feb and haven't heard anything back yet :-(
Original post by crhiannw
When did they get back to you about assessments? I sent my application off on the 2nd feb and haven't heard anything back yet :-(

I sent my application then too, got the email on Thursday - Maybe check your junk mail? :confused:
Reply 19
Original post by Piledriver
I sent my application then too, got the email on Thursday - Maybe check your junk mail? :confused:

Yeah I'll have a look - which area are you applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest