The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

I emailed last night. No answer yet. I've found they're generally better at replying to emails than answering the phone though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joshsolman
I emailed last night. No answer yet. I've found they're generally better at replying to emails than answering the phone though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've found them to be the other way round! I emailed weeks ago to ask if they had received my additional ID and never got a reply so I rang them and got through first time, very helpful lady answered too! :smile:
Do any of you guys know if we are tied in for 2 years, Like if we don't enjoy it are we free to leave at any time ?
Original post by veggyem96
I've found them to be the other way round! I emailed weeks ago to ask if they had received my additional ID and never got a reply so I rang them and got through first time, very helpful lady answered too! :smile:

I got my ID back today. It got there on friday. So there in office admin times are pretty good :biggrin:

Original post by Joey952
Do any of you guys know if we are tied in for 2 years, Like if we don't enjoy it are we free to leave at any time ?

I imagine there will be a retention clause. The merchant navy is similar. You have to pay 3k if you want out.
Original post by Joey952

I'd imagine it's like any job, if you don't like it, you resign and serve however long your notice is (this will be in your contract and is normally dependant on how long you've worked there, I know at my current work, your notice period is 2 weeks for the first year and then an extra week for every year you've worked there)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by veggyem96
I'd imagine it's like any job, if you don't like it, you resign and serve however long your notice is (this will be in your contract and is normally dependant on how long you've worked there, I know at my current work, your notice period is 2 weeks for the first year and then an extra week for every year you've worked there)

but this is an apprenticeship, not a normal job, theyre spending money on both our salary AND training. Theres normally something a bit more to tie us in for a period of time.
Reply 986
I got my ID back today. It got there on friday. So there in office admin times are pretty good :biggrin:

I sent mine on Thursday, it arrived there on Friday as well. I was supposed to get it back today, it did come in but I was at work so delivery man left a note, will reschedule for the weekend.
Still haven't heard back yet but with the email I got last week I presume I'll find out this week, really hope I get it tried my best anyway.

Good luck to everyone else who hasn't heard yet!
but this is an apprenticeship, not a normal job, theyre spending money on both our salary AND training. Theres normally something a bit more to tie us in for a period of time.

There is most likely going to be a probation period where they can get rid of us if they don't like us which is usually 8-12 weeks. I guess during that period you can't leave and so may have to stay till then. I don't think we will have to pay money to get out as they are wasting money on us if we don't want to be there.
Reply 989
Has anyone heard back from operational delivery yet?
Anyone had any location news yet? (or spoken to Capita/Civil Service and have any more information?)
Reply 991
Original post by Anne4G
Has anyone heard back from operational delivery yet?

I'm waiting on that too, don't think anyone has heard back yet. It was supposed to be some time this week.
Reply 992
Original post by Jid12
I'm waiting on that too, don't think anyone has heard back yet. It was supposed to be some time this week.

Oh good I thought I was the only one 😊 hopefully we will hear from them this week.
Anyone else been told that they've been successful at assessment centre but not heard anything about the framework (business, cyber, finance etc.) yet?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Reply 994
Original post by Suauk123
Anyone else been told that they've been successful at assessment centre but not heard anything about the framework (business, cyber, finance etc.) yet?

Yeah.. I heard back 7th of May about that, but nothing else. I think it is because I am from North West region, plus I was missing I think some documents, because I received that other email on 3rd of June asking to send any outstanding documents. But it sounded like a general one. I still sent everything just in case, since I indeed was missing couple from the list they've asked. They received the documents last Friday, and I got them back today, so hopefully should hear back soon.

What about you, still waiting as well? When did you hear back about assessment centre? And what region are you from?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Miyata
Yeah.. I heard back 7th of May about that, but nothing else. I think it is because I am from North West region, plus I was missing I think some documents, because I received that other email on 3rd of June asking to send any outstanding documents. But it sounded like a general one. I still sent everything just in case, since I indeed was missing couple from the list they've asked. They received the documents last Friday, and I got them back today, so hopefully should hear back soon.

What about you, still waiting as well? When did you hear back about assessment centre? And what region are you from?

Same as you, heard back on 7th and received the email for documents in 3rd of June. I'm in London and can see that lots of people have heard back so maybe it is because I had a document missing. Only thing I can think of is my counterpart which I sent in and also arrived back today

I just had a call from the Civil Service asking me if I received their offer as I hadn't replied?! Only.....I have replied and have also received a confirmation email from them. Seems to all be getting a little confusing..... :-/
Original post by Suauk123
Same as you, heard back on 7th and received the email for documents in 3rd of June. I'm in London and can see that lots of people have heard back so maybe it is because I had a document missing. Only thing I can think of is my counterpart which I sent in and also arrived back today

That's exactly the same as everyone, I had to send in my passport photo. None of us have heard back any more than what you have I don't believe, we are all waiting on the location etc
Providing you give enough notice you can leave this apprenticeship whenever you want. This will be in your employment contract, and like others have mentioned, can change depending on how long you've worked there. I believe for most Civil Servants this is 5 weeks, but it depends on departments etc.

The only exception to notice is usually when you are dismissed for gross misconduct. In these circumstances, you are usually asked to leave summarily.
Original post by Lucydrysdale
That's exactly the same as everyone, I had to send in my passport photo. None of us have heard back any more than what you have I don't believe, we are all waiting on the location etc

Oh, so you haven't heard about which framework either? Most people on here seem like they heard back around the 4th of June with the framework they've been accepted for and they were asked to reply to confirm that they've accepted it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending