The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's interesting, something very similar happened to me last night...out of the blue my boyfriend of a month and a half turned round and said he wasn't ready for another commitment, etc, despite the fact that only 2 days before he'd booked us a hotel and dinner for thursday (tomorrow) to show how he felt and how much I meant to him. And even yesterday in the day he was talking about Christmas and present ideas and how much he was going to miss me when we were apart at the weekends.
Totally bewildering...but intriguing that it's happened to someone else.
Reply 21
did he give u any reason?or any hints?
Anonymous
did he give u any reason?or any hints?

Nope, literally, we got into what, for any other couple, would be a tiny argument because I was homesick and then he just said 'to be honest, i think i should have a break.'
Fair enough, but he clearly hadn't been thinking about it long AT ALL- we went to the supermarket like 3 hours before and we bought meals for me to cook for us and condoms and he was talking about different things we should do over the next few days/weeks even months.
I totally don't get it and yet I'm such an idiot, he came back from seeing his ex really upset and I stupidly went and comforted him because I care...but all I've done is made myself feel worse when I was feeling better, because I know inside every time I do anything nice for him, it's because I'm hoping he'll change his mind. (Stupid I know...)
Sorry, this has turned into a 'me' rant which wasn't at all intentional!:redface:
Reply 23
The guru thank u very much...i spoke to her today..asked if what u said is true, didnt mention the ex bit but i did about the rest and she said i hit the nail on the head. so thank u. thats stopped me going totally crazy think about why.
Reply 24
she seems completely unaffected by the whole episode, so makes me wonder if she ever care or if shes just hiding how she is truly feeling
Tricky to decide really, whether she was just simply using you or just didn't want to let on that she hadn't got over her ex, wonder what the exact circumstance of her break up was.
Reply 26
Anonymous
The guru thank u very much...i spoke to her today..asked if what u said is true, didnt mention the ex bit but i did about the rest and she said i hit the nail on the head. so thank u. thats stopped me going totally crazy think about why.

Dude :smile:
It's only a personal opinion but it sounds like she's in doubts about her true feelings for you. She genuinely may have felt great in your presence, but more so because she needed to and on top of that you've been a great person. What more to ask for? Not much on face level - which is why she's telling you that it's her and not you. It sounds like she's too warped in events to see and understand this herself, but she's stuck halfway through the process of moving on. You have given her what she sought from her ex. But you're not her ex. It takes time to fully move on.

Don't feel too down though. No matter what happens, I'm sure she'll appreciate the way you've treated her and regard you in a special light.
Reply 28
If you got dumped it's better now that a poor relationship for several months followed by being dumped. It hurts but you'll get over it.
grace
sleep with her, she's vulnerable and won't say no.

She f***s him over, he f***s her over. Everyone's a winner.:smile:

Bar any bastard children that is.:frown:
Reply 29
Anonymous
It's only a personal opinion but it sounds like she's in doubts about her true feelings for you. She genuinely may have felt great in your presence, but more so because she needed to and on top of that you've been a great person. What more to ask for? Not much on face level - which is why she's telling you that it's her and not you. It sounds like she's too warped in events to see and understand this herself, but she's stuck halfway through the process of moving on. You have given her what she sought from her ex. But you're not her ex. It takes time to fully move on.

Don't feel too down though. No matter what happens, I'm sure she'll appreciate the way you've treated her and regard you in a special light.

what exactly did i give her..?sorry if im being silly..but didnt quite get it

Latest

Trending

Trending