The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Does doing the NCS challenge give me a better chance?

Wondering whether I should do it, would it strengthen the application for a top uni in any way? Would a uni care that you'd done it?

Thanks guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't really matter, I didn't have space to mention it in my PS but for what it's worth I'd totally do it again. It's a AMAZING experience! :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Hey :smile:
I'm national youth board member for NCS and I've applied to Warwick too, I mentioned it a lot in my personal statement but that's partly because I took it a step beyond just the programme doing charity and media work from it. No matter how far NCS takes you though I think it looks good on your UCAS as it shows you to be a well rounded individual but don't just plop it at the end of your PS, explain what you've learnt from it and how that relates to your course. A uni won't choose you simply because you've done the programme but it will definitely look good on your UCAS and is an amazing experience, and really useful for building independence for uni.

And put it this way, they asked me about it in my Cambridge interview and seemed pretty impressed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest