do not all people get the 8 week email?

I think if you flat out don't qualify with grades they'll reject you before
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Yoghurtyoghurt1

No probs
Original post by econam
Is this for entering ums that isn't maths? If so I think you are meant to put total ums not an average. Eg. 187 if it were out of 200

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed them and they said they wanted percentages for your non maths subjects. :smile:
For the UMS form, If you get something like 79.6% do you round it up to 80% write 79% or leave it as 79.6%

It asks for the percentage uniform mark (UMS)
Also for maths if you got 94/100 did you fill it in as 94 or 94/100 - would they know how much each unit is out of?
Original post by the-anonymous-me
For the UMS form, If you get something like 79.6% do you round it up to 80% write 79% or leave it as 79.6%

I'd write 79.6%. 79% is just bad Maths lol
Original post by icecreamcake
For all my other subjects/units, I got whole numbers for UMS - e.g. 97%

For one of my subjects though, my UMS is 89.7%. Should I round it up to 90% because I wrote down all my other UMS with whole numbers?

Thanks! :smile:

I wouldn't, because you didn't actually get 90%. But I'm not sure.
Original post by Nijuuninichi
I emailed them and they said they wanted percentages for your non maths subjects. :smile:

Really? Guess they will have to crack out the calculator for me then lol
Got the 2nd 2 week email today (the one where they say they are looking at the personal statement etc) - does the 8 week email after this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you get sent the UMS form? I have just been sent the 2nd 2-week email....
Original post by LoveToArgue
it took exactly 2 weeks to get the next email for me (Law)

have you had the email that comes after the one about reviewing your personal statement and qualifications then? What did it say?
So if the two week email is about personal statements/qualifications, then what is the 8 week email for?
Original post by omar8888
When did you get sent the UMS form? I have just been sent the 2nd 2-week email....

I got 2 emails today and the only email I got before that was acknowledgement. There was one telling me they're reviewing my personal statement and academic profile and another email with a link to a survey/questionnaire asking for UMS

But they only ask for UMS for students taking A Levels and it may differ from course to course
I got 2 emails today and the only email I got before that was acknowledgement. There was one telling me they're reviewing my personal statement and academic profile and another email with a link to a survey/questionnaire asking for UMS

But they only ask for UMS for students taking A Levels and it may differ from course to course

Im going for econ101 and do a levels and got the second one today too, but hopefully should get the UMS soon
Original post by JodieHarriett18
have you had the email that comes after the one about reviewing your personal statement and qualifications then? What did it say?

Yep I had it today, it says:

"I am writing to provide you with a further update on your application to the LSE. I am happy to tell you that your application is now under consideration by the Admissions Selector for the LLB in Laws programme. The Selector will be making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement, and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates in your cohort.This may take up to eight weeks. I will be in touch at the end of this process to let you know what happens next."
Original post by econam
Really? Guess they will have to crack out the calculator for me then lol

I actually sent mine off twice, with the second one having the percentages (they didn't reply to me for a while and I was impatient :rolleyes:). So if you think not putting the percentages will keep you up at night, there's always that choice too!
Original post by npstudent
So if the two week email is about personal statements/qualifications, then what is the 8 week email for?

comparing you against other students I think. in the end it's pretty meaningless until you get an offer or rejection tbh :tongue:
hi guys, i got average GCSEs with 8A-A*s and few Bs, I got AAB in AS (economics, geography, maths) going to resit a few maths modules to get to an A. My predicted A2 are AAAD* (D* is business studies subsidiary diploma), I have a strong ps and work ex at a big IB. Will I be good enough for LSE accounting and finance course or not? Thanks a lot in advance!
Ergh got the 8 week email today, just before Christmas pleasssseeeee :frown:
Original post by antigone-
Ergh got the 8 week email today, just before Christmas pleasssseeeee :frown:

ughhh same!! :K:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending