The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2016 Applicants

The order of emails which applicants receive is as follows:

First email - LSE has received your application and the process will take up to 12 weeks
Second email - We are reading through your qualifications and will get back to you in 2 weeks
Third email - You've been passed to a selector and we will get back to you in 8 weeks
Fourth email - LSE need another 4 weeks to review your application in comparison to the rest of your cohort.
5th email - 'Unforeseen circumstances' one - this means your department has had delays and you might have to wait till 31st of March regardless of the time schedule they'd given you.

Link to the stalking page: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...king_Page_2016
And the stalking page thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3510999
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'll be applying for Philosophy, Logic and Scientific method however my GCSE grades are massively below average so I'm trying to do v well this year to make up for it.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I will be applying for Geography with Economics. My GCSEs are below average 4A*'s 4A's 2B's, but I am hoping I will still be in with a good chance as I am doing a lot of extra curricular and essay comps, even got a lot of reading planned over the summer. I am doing Maths, Economics, Biology and Geography this year and intend to drop Biology at A2.
Original post by bl1910
I will be applying for Geography with Economics. My GCSEs are below average 4A*'s 4A's 2B's, but I am hoping I will still be in with a good chance as I am doing a lot of extra curricular and essay comps, even got a lot of reading planned over the summer. I am doing Maths, Economics, Biology and Geography this year and intend to drop Biology at A2.

Ditto :smile: and sorry forgot to say - my gcses were 3A*s, 5As, 2Bs and I study maths, English lit, law and psychology and next year I plan to pick up further maths as and EPQ and drop psychology
Original post by bl1910

Just out of interest what essay comps are you looking at?
Reply 5
Hey guys,
I'm hoping to study Maths and Economics at LSE.
GCSE's: 8A*, 3A, A in FSMQ
AS: doing maths, further maths, chemistry, economics, physics
My AS grades will hopefully be AAAAB
Reckon I have a chance? I hear LSE is very very competitive :/
Reply 6
Original post by angel2015
Just out of interest what essay comps are you looking at?

Royal Economic Society, Cambridge Marshall essay comp, other Cambridge Colleges and possibly a few geography ones.
Anyone applying for the taster courses? I'm writing my essay for it tomorrow
Original post by 10101010
Hey guys,
I'm hoping to study Maths and Economics at LSE.
GCSE's: 8A*, 3A, A in FSMQ
AS: doing maths, further maths, chemistry, economics, physics
My AS grades will hopefully be AAAAB
Reckon I have a chance? I hear LSE is very very competitive :/

LSE is super competitive but your grades look very good so yeah you have a strong chance
Reply 9
Anyone applying for the taster courses? I'm writing my essay for it tomorrow ������

Are these Taster Courses at LSE? Thanks.
Reply 10
Anyone applying for the taster courses? I'm writing my essay for it tomorrow ������

Are these Taster courses at LSE? Thanks.
Reply 11
I want to study Law at LSE next year, and got 4A*'S, 5A and a B at GCSE. However, it depends on my predicted grades and AS results whether I apply, as i have heard it is a very competitive uni! :s-smilie:
Reply 12
I want to study Economics or Finance but honestly would take anything related to these courses.

GCSEs: 7A*s 3As 2Bs
AS: Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Physics (doing AS FM next year) Hopefully 4As
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by iBall
I want to study Economics or Finance but honestly would take anything related to these courses.

GCSEs: 7A*s 3As 2Bs
AS: Maths, Economics, Chemistry and Physics (doing AS FM next year) Hopefully 4As (also got an A in AS Business Studies last year alongside GCSEs, not sure if this helps with an application?

You have a good number of A*'s at GCSE, 4A's at AS will make you a very viable applicant! They won't be too bothered with your gcse options, in fact I don't think they even see them!
Original post by Willnewman234
Do LSE look at GCSES that much? I'm year 11 and should get 5-6A*,4-5A and 1-2B. Doing Maths, F Maths, Physics, Economics and History to AS as well as EPQ. Would I stand a chance of doing economics at LSE if I got all A predicted AS and reasonable number of A* predicted A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 6A*s 4As and a B at GCSE
and got an offer to study pure econ for 2015 . Tbh lse dont care too much about gcses, as long as your AS UMS are high and your personal statement is well written youll have a decent chance of getting in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by darkdrifter10
I got 6A*s 4As and a B at GCSE
and got an offer to study pure econ for 2015 . Tbh lse dont care too much about gcses, as long as your AS UMS are high and your personal statement is well written youll have a decent chance of getting in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Very much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm planning on applying for Government & History, or just Government. I adore LSE, have been plenty of times for lectures and am attending the LSE Choice Summer School. My GCSE grades really aren't strong - 3 A*'s and 10 A's. Getting into the summer school has definitely made me more confident though. :smile:

My AS subjects are English Literature, History, Government & Politics and Maths. I'm thinking of dropping Maths and maybe doing Classics AS instead, not too sure yet :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
ahhhhhh this is my dream school
will probably be the one I apply to as my aspirational out of the five haha
really want to do history and international relations
got 2A*s 5As and 3Bs at GCSE
I know a girl who got similar GCSE results but smashed a levels and got A*AA and got in so that's the dream buuuuutttttt whether or not I get there haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by faggstagram
ahhhhhh this is my dream school
will probably be the one I apply to as my aspirational out of the five haha
really want to do history and international relations
got 2A*s 5As and 3Bs at GCSE
I know a girl who got similar GCSE results but smashed a levels and got A*AA and got in so that's the dream buuuuutttttt whether or not I get there haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your A2 predictions are really good and you have a killer Personal Statement, then you stand a very good chance. I've got a couple undergrad friends at LSE and the one thing they told me was "conveying your passion in your PS is the most important thing." That's what LSE looks for and they place the passion for the subject through your PS as the biggest deciding factor.

Best of luck with your application!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jeans78
Are these Taster courses at LSE? Thanks.

Yep, all London unis have taster courses, should be a link on their website.

Quick Reply