The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Stay strong! No matter why, I'm sure there might actually be a better fit elsewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by chris12334
Just got rejected from Bsc Management. Dunno what went wrong.
Had 8A* and 2As at GCSE, A*AAC (maths (achieved A*), economics, further maths, chemistry) with 96% ums average across my top 3. Predicted A*A*A (my school only predicts u A* if u have 95ums above)

I had strong references and im pretty sure my ps was good. Not really sure what im gonna do now as this was my dream uni and course. Oh well.

Did the email give any reasons? I'm sorry :frown:
Original post by LoveToArgue
Did the email give any reasons? I'm sorry :frown:

No it just said that my application was no longer being considered. I emailed them back just now, but im 100% sure they are just gonna say i had a weak personal statement, which im pretty sure i didnt. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Do well in school they said. You'll get into a good uni they said. My ass.
Had 8A* and 2As at GCSE, A*AAC (maths (achieved A*), economics, further maths, chemistry) with 96% ums average across my top 3. Predicted A*A*A (my school only predicts u A* if u have 95ums above)

I had strong references and im pretty sure my ps was good. Not really sure what im gonna do now as this was my dream uni and course. Oh well.

**** man. As someone whose applying for management with only 5A* and 5A's at GCSE and predicted A*AA in econs hist and maths i feel my chances just got sucked right down the toilet.
^
Hopes of getting into LSE just went from 100 to 0 real quick.
Original post by czj1997
^

lets just be strippers? Who needs LSE right
:2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l::party2::party2:
Applicant for Mathematics with Economics here (G1L1)

I received an email on the 26 October as a further update to my application saying that I am now under consideration by an Admissions Selector.

Is this generally a good/bad sign? (Admissions Selector sounds rather scary)

I'm sorry. You could always go there for postgrad
Original post by JakeThomasLee
Applicant for Mathematics with Economics here (G1L1)

I received an email on the 26 October as a further update to my application saying that I am now under consideration by an Admissions Selector.

Is this generally a good/bad sign? (Admissions Selector sounds rather scary)

If your grades meet the requirements you usually get to this stage.
Original post by czj1997
^

Gosh! It is getting scarier everyday now.

I'm so sorry :frown:

I'm sorry brother. Sending my deepest condolences

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was so scared to open my email today because there are so many rejections right now..
Well, I still have nothing. Was kind of relieved :biggrin:
Does this mean LSE is not sending out offers this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zedane
lets just be strippers? Who needs LSE right
:2euk48l::2euk48l::2euk48l::party2::party2:

Good idea, too bad I don't have the body to be a stripper though
Original post by Eddymok123
Does this mean LSE is not sending out offers this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep. Looks like everyones just gonna have to wait for another week for them
Reply 1196
If people are still nervous I got my offer in like February so you lot can all chill.
Original post by Zedane
yep. Looks like everyones just gonna have to wait for another week for them

oh what a pity

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sorry :frown: that sucks. those are amazing grades btw. very hard to see why they rejected you :frown:
Omg offer for social policy!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending