The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NickM98
The LNAT is a dying test. As part of my running the college law society I invited a speaker in from Cambridge University to talk about the law of Negligence (I should point out we are just down the road from the uni so that's how we managed it). She said Cambridge dropped using the LNAT because their own heads of Law (of the top faculty in the country let's not forget) got 10-15 each. There is no correlation really between how well you do in the LNAT and how well you'll do in your degree. It's just an excuse for Pearson to make money. As with most admission tests that aren't done by the centres themselves.

Oh wow! It is not actually an extremely hard test. Yet how well you do certainly does depend on your state of mind while taking it. Hence while you may score really bad one day, you may score 5 points better the next day if you were able to concentrate well. That's why I dont think it's a credible method of testing analytical skills. Have you taken it?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by SabrinaZ
Any offers for Accounting and Finance?

I applied on the 5th of November. Stats please?
Original post by galatasaray1905
Oh wow! It is not actually an extremely hard test. Yet how well you do certainly does depend on your state of mind while taking it. Hence while you may score really bad one day, you may score 5 points better the next day if you were able to concentrate well. That's why I dont think it's a credible method of testing analytical skills. Have you taken it?

Nope. None of my choices need it.
Original post by Pizzicato
I wouldn't mind at all after the admissions cycle but as our applications are being assessed atm I'm afraid I'm not sure if it's the appropriate time to share personal statements.

Good luck with your application though:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, I get you!

Best of luck also
I've currently got offers from LSE but I am wondering what the social life will be like at LSE as it seems quite boring and nerdy
Original post by KikiB17
I'm still waiting, I've had the 8 week email. Have you had an offer yet?

No, I applied on Oct 15, and I've had the 8 week email on Nov 2. Checking my spam and my inbox every 30 minute because I do not want to do my coursework...
Original post by ThadCastleBMS
I've currently got offers from LSE but I am wondering what the social life will be like at LSE as it seems quite boring and nerdy

I've heard hat LSE is a pretty social and lively university. I don't think it's like Imperial
Original post by hoping4Astars
I've heard hat LSE is a pretty social and lively university. I don't think it's like Imperial

yeah but will they make me **** a pig? cause that's the kind of crazy stuff im looking for
Original post by prndl2
No, I applied on Oct 15, and I've had the 8 week email on Nov 2. Checking my spam and my inbox every 30 minute because I do not want to do my coursework...

I applied a few days before you, it seems the geography department haven't started giving out offer yet. Where else have you applied?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by KikiB17
I applied I few days before you, it seems the geography department haven't started giving out offer yet. Where else have you applied?

Oxford (allocated to Christ Church, short chance for screwing the TSA), UCL(International Programme), Durham and Loughborough (geography with Sports Management, already got my offer with IB 34 conditioned)
Original post by prndl2
Oxford (allocated to Christ Church, short chance for screwing the TSA), UCL(International Programme), Durham and Loughborough (geography with Sports Management, already got my offer with IB 34 conditioned)

Oh ok, well done on your offer :smile: Everyone I've spoken to said they've messed up the TSA
Original post by KikiB17
Oh ok, well done on your offer :smile: Everyone I've spoken to said they've messed up the TSA

Thank you~ Yeah, so just wait for the late Nov to see if there is a chance for interview...
Original post by hoping4Astars

what's wrong with imperial :redface: university is what you make of it, and if people can't have a good social life in the city of london, then they're the problem - not the university!!!
Original post by prndl2
Thank you~ Yeah, so just wait for the late Nov to see if there is a chance for interview...

Yeah it really is just a waiting game :smile:
Original post by tanyapotter
what's wrong with imperial :redface: university is what you make of it, and if people can't have a good social life in the city of london, then they're the problem - not the university!!!

Lol I have nothing against imperial, in fact I want to go there after sixth form. I just heard from many people that it is known for having a lot of antisocial people. But yeah I agree that there is so much opportunity to have a good social life in London.
Original post by ThadCastleBMS
yeah but will they make me **** a pig? cause that's the kind of crazy stuff im looking for

You might want to consider doing PPE at Oxford then
Hey guys. Any news for Mathematics and economics? Received 8 weeks mail on 2nd of Nov and still waiting for the final decision..
Original post by masteroflendic
Hey guys. Any news for Mathematics and economics? Received 8 weeks mail on 2nd of Nov and still waiting for the final decision..

A lot of people in the first batch (who got the 8 week email in mid October) haven't heard back yet so I assume another few weeks of waiting since you must be in the second batch at least (this is all speculation :tongue:)
Original post by KikiB17
Bristol, Cambridge (Downing), Exeter, LSE and Royal Holloway

Im applying to downing as well!
Have you heard from them?
Original post by thebaexx
Im applying to downing as well!
Have you heard from them?

I'm not who you were replying to, but Downing has invited me to interview. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending