The Student Room Group

ideas for job after dropping out of uni?

I'm seriously considering dropping out of university as I am doing a degree in Primary education and no longer want to be a teacher. After mentioning the idea to my mum, she absolutely freaked out and I know she will be incredibly disappointed if/when I do, so I want to at least have a plan of what I will do instead. There are no degrees/apprenticeships I can think of, I do not have any subjects I like, nor do I know what else I might want to train as. One thing that really appeals to me is working in a hotel/holiday camp i.e.Eurocamp, either in the UK or abroad. However, these jobs seem to be only seasonal and terrible pay, so they don't appear to be something I can do long term. I have GCSEs and A-levels, but no other qualifications. Does anybody have any ideas of other long term work which may involve something similar? It needs to be something that will actually earn me some money though.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Can't you leave, work somewhere full time = earn decent money and then figure it out along the way?
Reply 2
Long-term? I don't know, but maybe work in a camp this summer, giving yourself time to think. If you want to live abroad you could look into language degrees or something. You could also learn the language whilst working and then get a degree abroad - it's cheaper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending