The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I mean, COME ON!! I really want to go to a uni in Britain like Oxford or something like that. University of Copenhagen at my home nation is fine by me, but I'd prefer to go to a UK one. I really need my 12 A* grades, I think I will get mostly A*s if I work hard enough (still up doing chemistry UGH) but reading all these posts make me feel stupid!
Reply 181
well french was horrific so i predict a c in the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prediction
Sociology - A*
Health & social - A* (already have an A* in c/a)
Child studies - A
R.E - B
English - B
Maths - B
Science additional - C/B
Science core - C (already have)

I'd be delighted to get these grades or higher and hope to pursue a future within the field of Law.
Original post by TastyPinkHair
Are you actually sure about this? I was expected A* grades in my subjects but I'm not really sure... It's best to keep modest!

These are my predicted grades
And what I got in the mocks
I think I'm going to get:
Maths A
English Language A*
English Literature A
Additional Science A
Religious Studies A*
Computing B
Business Studies A*
Art A*
Spanish A

I really want to get my computing grade up but I never finished my courseworks and they got handed in and I ended up with two bad grades and that means I can't get a very high grade overall :/

The roots of education are bitter, however the fruit is sweet.
GCSE Maths: A* (already done)
GCSE English Language: A*
GCSE English Literature: A*
GCSE Geography: A*
GCSE History: A*
GCSE French: A*
GCSE Music: A (wish I'd never taken it)
GCSE Biology: A*
GCSE Chemistry: A*
GCSE Physics: A*
GCSE Electronics: A*

That's 10 A*s and an A
I want to do a degree in maths, hopefully at Oxford, but that A in music is just really bugging me
Original post by ///////
GCSE Maths: A* (already done)
GCSE English Language: A*
GCSE English Literature: A*
GCSE Geography: A*
GCSE History: A*
GCSE French: A*
GCSE Music: A (wish I'd never taken it)
GCSE Biology: A*
GCSE Chemistry: A*
GCSE Physics: A*
GCSE Electronics: A*

That's 10 A*s and an A
I want to do a degree in maths, hopefully at Oxford, but that A in music is just really bugging me

Now this is making people who do not get all A* grades feel insecure because of people like you. What if those lot read your post? Would they like it?
Yes, I do think I'll get A* grades if I focus enough, but you don't need to be bragging about it. Be a bit more sensitive next time.
Further Maths A**
English Lang A*
English Lit A
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A
French A*
Spanish A*
Drama A*
Philosophy and Ethics A
Original post by educatingsurrey
Further Maths A**
English Lang A*
English Lit A
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A
French A*
Spanish A*
Drama A*
Philosophy and Ethics A

Are you sure? :confused:
Original post by TastyPinkHair
Now this is making people who do not get all A* grades feel insecure because of people like you. What if those lot read your post? Would they like it?
Yes, I do think I'll get A* grades if I focus enough, but you don't need to be bragging about it. Be a bit more sensitive next time.

Really sorry if anyone felt particularly offended by me posting my predictions, I had seen the results posted on this thread and it seemed to be pretty similar to most other people's, so I thought I'd post it.
I think it's more important to reach your potential than to get a particular set of grades anyway, which is why I was annoyed at the likelihood I'll get an A in music, since I know I could have done better if I'd worked harder. If you're predicted all Bs and you were originally predicted Cs then that's a tremendous achievement, much better than if someone initially predicted A*s gets all As
Original post by ///////
Really sorry if anyone felt particularly offended by me posting my predictions, I had seen the results posted on this thread and it seemed to be pretty similar to most other people's, so I thought I'd post it.
I think it's more important to reach your potential than to get a particular set of grades anyway, which is why I was annoyed at the likelihood I'll get an A in music, since I know I could have done better if I'd worked harder. If you're predicted all Bs and you were originally predicted Cs then that's a tremendous achievement, much better than if someone initially predicted A*s gets all As

Thanks a lot. I actually agree a lot with you anyway. I was expected A* grades and I'm actually working towards them as hard as I can, so that I can feel happy, and everyone else working towards their target grades too. :smile:
But yeah, I understand the situation.
Original post by Willnewman234
It's one B they don't care that much. What do you want to do Medicine or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No wayyyy medicine. I would get bored after 2nd year. I need as many A* for oxford
Original post by educatingsurrey

Further Maths A**
English Lang A*
English Lit A
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A
French A*
Spanish A*
Drama A*
Philosophy and Ethics A

Are you taking the AQA Certificate in Further Maths? Saw the A** ;D
I'm taking it to but don't really know anyone else who is :wink:
Original post by Rainbowhorror01

I'm taking it too. I haven't really revised for it as much, too busy with my science exam :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully:
Art: A*
Business Studies: B/A
Core Science: A (already got)
Additional Science: A
Further Science: A
R.S: A*
ICT: A/A*
Maths: C/B
English Language: B
English Lit: A
German: B
Reply 195
English Literature A/
English Language A
Mathematics A, slight chance of A*
Biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A/B
Media Studies A
Food Technology A*
French A
Further Maths: A* (with distinction)
Psychology: A
Drama: B (this is even wishful thinking....im so bad at drama idk if i'll even get a C tbh)
French: A*
RS: A
Geography: A*

AS Science: A
AS English Lit & Lang: B
AS Citizenship: B/C

Already achieved last year:
Maths: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
English lang: A*
English lit: A*
ICT: A

So in total...
AS: ABB/ABC
GCSE: 9A* 3A 1B
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rainbowhorror01

Original post by DaVinciGirl
I'm taking it too. I haven't really revised for it as much, too busy with my science exam :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

im taking it too! it's my last exam
Predictions as follows:
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: B
Maths: B
English Lit: A
English Lang: A
Citizenship: A
RS: A/A*
History: A/B
French: C
Photography: B
ICT: B
Statistics: A

These grades are the ones that I'm most likely to get (combined with my coursework), so if I get these grades, I'll be a happy duckling :biggrin:
Art - C
Maths - A
English lit - A
English lang - A
History - A
RE - A*
Additional Science - A
German - B
ICT - A

Latest