The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iDeviceJ
I also found the exam harder than the past papers, it was a very 'wordy' paper as well, if you know what I mean. The frequency polygon and the response variable question threw me off, wasn't expecting that at all!

Yeah, I know what you mean! Some of the questions, thinking back were easy but on the day were hard as they were worded totally different to the past paper ones. I thought that the questions were so obscure which totally threw me off. My teacher said they were obscure and discrete in what they were asking for, so the people who thought they did really well probably didn't do as well as they thought. I guess that's good (for me) but I'm still not sure.

I just hope my coursework is good! aha! :smile:
Worst Case Scenario
RE A
Geography A
Literature A*
Language A
Biology A
Chemistry A
Physics A
Maths A
Further Maths A
Reply 982
Biology A*
Chemistry A*
Physics A*
Maths B
English Lit A
English Lang A
RE A
Geography A*
Classics A
Spanish A*
Graphics A*
Maths - A* (last year)
Further Maths - A^
Bio - A
Chem - A*
Physics - A*
English Language - A
English Lit - A
RP - A*
History - A*
French - A*
Geo - A
Drama - A
My hopeful expectation would be Maths A*, Bio Chem and Phys all A*, Eng Lang A*, French A*, Computing A*, Music A* then RS, Eng Lit and Classical Civilisation all A, although obviously A*s would be nice (although perhaps somewhat unrealistic)
(plus an A* in Astronomy I already have)
But something's probably going to have gone wrong :/
Predictions: Maths A*
Further Science A*
Additional Science A*
English Language A*
Geography A*
Business Studies A
French A
English Literature A/B (First paper went horrible :frown:)
7A's & 3B's
English- A
English Lit-B/C preferebly A but messed up exams
Maths-C
science- B
Media-B
Art-B
French-B
Double Health and social-C/B C/C
Re-C
Want minimum of B's but messed up a few exams
My first post woo!

7As + 2Bs
I really want all A*s but the more I look back on the exams the less likely I think that's going to happen. Latin, particularly, went horrifically wrong when in the translation paper it mentioned something about feet. :s-smilie: Do people know how easy it is too retake and when's the soonest you can do that? Is the syllabus the same or do we have to revise new topics?
well
this is what I'm hoping for ^^'

English language: C
English literature: C
History: C
Science: C (i got core last year at a B)
IT: merit (already got IT)
French: B
Maths:B
Art:B
Graphics:B

I'll be happy as long as I get the grades that i need, passing english lang, and getting a B in the last 4 subjects that I'd written in my list ^^
English Language:B(IGCSE Q1 killed me) :frown:
English Lit: A
Maths: A(wanted A*, fave subject)
Triple Science: 3A's
RE: A*
PE: B/A
Textiles: C(didn't finish product)
Sociology: E(paper 3 also killed me)
Original post by cathartic
Hi this question is targeted to any one that has taken GCSE examinations, did you achieve the grades you thought you would get ? I can't stop stressing I don't sleep until 4am because all I think about is how terrible my GCSE grades will be I looked at unofficial mark schemes and I'm really anxious for results day as I think I've done really bad:frown: I wanted 7a's and 3b's and now I'm convinced I'll achieve 2a's 5b's and 3c's :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey, where did you find the unofficial mark schemes? I'm dying to have a peak
Is it just me that really can't remember anything that happened during May-June, it's like my brain has blanked it from my mind because it was just an awful experience or something??
Reply 994
stupid predicting grades as you dont know the grade boundaries nor do you know the context you wrote your answers as you may think you answers correctly but that just you being a biased donkey
just end this thread and find something to do while you wait for your Gcse results instead of bragging you 'so called' accurate predicted grades
Reply 995
Original post by iss123
stupid predicting grades as you dont know the grade boundaries nor do you know the context you wrote your answers as you may think you answers correctly but that just you being a biased donkey
just end this thread and find something to do while you wait for your Gcse results instead of bragging you 'so called' accurate predicted grades

I don't think there's any harm in doing this, most are doing so to reassure themselves and I think that's a good idea speaking from someone that believes that predicting what I may get calms me down and makes me less worried. This thread helps with the countdown to results and helps us prepare for what we may face so before being critical over the thread I suggest you think about how it could be helpful for others even if it isn't for yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alice.ronalene
Is it just me that really can't remember anything that happened during May-June, it's like my brain has blanked it from my mind because it was just an awful experience or something??

Same for me pretty much
Original post by iss123

For me predicting my grades is a waste of time now, it makes me more stressed and I ripped up this piece of paper where I estimated all my grades. I really do not know what I've got, I'm just going to wait it out and pray for the best.

As for closing this thread, people should be allowed to do it if they want to - however there is the thread for results day (conveniently made by me lol) which is what TSR are using as their main thread for the day (hence the sticky). It just depends on the mods I guess.
Original post by iss123

Maybe you're being a pessimistic donkey :wink:
Don't post if you don't support the thread, simple as.
Original post by txmidayoxo
English Language:B(IGCSE Q1 killed me) :frown:
English Lit: A
Maths: A(wanted A*, fave subject)
Triple Science: 3A's
RE: A*
PE: B/A
Textiles: C(didn't finish product)
Sociology: E(paper 3 also killed me)

Was your question applying to be a volunteer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest