The Student Room Group

GSCE options HELP!

I can't decide what subjects to take for GSCE. I definitely want to do history and business but, I have to decide between PE and Triple Science!

Here are the compulsory subjects:

English
RS ;(
Double Award science
An MFL (Spanish)

I want to be a journalist, lawyer or something similar! I'm very good at sports and PE, but I really want to take Triple Award science, is it worth having PE under the belt or would Triple Award be more useful when it comes to universities?
Original post by 14lwright
I can't decide what subjects to take for GSCE. I definitely want to do history and business but, I have to decide between PE and Triple Science!

English
RS ;(
Double Award science
An MFL (Spanish)

I want to be a journalist, lawyer or something similar! I'm very good at sports and PE, but I really want to take Triple Award science, is it worth having PE under the belt or would Triple Award be more useful when it comes to universities?

Universities really don't care that much about your GCSE choices - the results are the things looked at, and with the exception of a few courses (medicine mostly), basic Cs in English, Maths, and sometimes science will do. As long as you have those, you're fine. I would personally go for Triple Science, as I live science, but either are fine!
Posted from TSR Mobile

English
RS ;(
Double Award science
An MFL (Spanish)

As said above, GCSE choices don't matter too much. Having said that, triple science can be a big help - but it is not essential - if you want to do science A-Levels, but it doesn't look like that's the case.
If you think you will enjoy PE more, go for that. :smile:
None of your proposed career choices have any requirements at GCSE or A level so you wouldn't be at a disadvantage doing any subject, but essay writing subjects like history will help :smile: Triple science is harder than PE and in my opinion more valued. I have a friend who does triple science and she has science 8 times a week and she says she finds it difficult(a lot to remember) but very interesting. I have another friend who does btec PE she says it's super easy but just a lot of coursework, she got distinction star easily. So it depends on you, if you want a challenge do triple science. :smile: I am not saying PE is any less important than science, in my opinion science is harder. :tongue:

English
RS ;(
Double Award science
An MFL (Spanish)

Maths

Quick Reply

Latest