The Student Room Group

My Teacher ignores me!!!!!!

I've been away from college for a week and for those of you doing Psychology, you'd agree with me that you do get alot of things done when you're in lesson! So anyway, I went to my lesson today and I tried to get my teachers attention throughout the lesson to see what I needed to catch up on, but all he did was help a bunch of girls move on with their work when I'm so far behind! I put my hand up at first to signal his attention, you know... to be composed but towards the end of the lesson I found myself shouting his name! Its only become evident today that he ignores me but I needed him more than ever as I have had some family problems [which resulted me in taking the week off]. It really pissed off so when he asked for the Eyesenck books [They are REALLY big books] back I just got one and slammed it on the desk and said "thanks for your help today" as I walked out. I know I'm being childish and I dont want to act like this! So I'm just going to ask him straight "why do you ignore me?" next lesson at the end!

Is this the best way to handle it?
Reply 1
Yep you should, but i think you should wait and see what happens the next lesson, gather evidence and all that, see how he is acting. My sisters art teacher ignores her everytime she asks a question, the teacher looks through her and then goes and helps someone else.
Slamming the book on the desk probably wasn't the best thing to do but you were frustrated so acted in the heat of the moment.

Is there any way that you can see him out of the classroom situation? Does he have an office? If talking to him one-on-one doesn't work could you perhaps go and see a different member of staff?
Reply 3
Don't even mention it!

Just go to his office and ask for an appointment at the end of college to discuss the work you missed.

I doubt if he's doing it on purpose - and if he is be mature and get the help you need rather than get an argument!
You could always complain to the head of department/year.
Reply 5
Tbh the likelihood is that he won't tell you the real reason why he's ignoring you but if you do confront him about it then he's likely to act differently towards you, at least for a while afterwards but then he might well go back to how he was towards you again.

But I do think its a good idea to ask, at least that way you can get the help you need right now to catch up so even if he reverts to ignoring you again, you will have got the help you needed right now.
Just ask him what his problem is.

I agree with you about the workload, we get through LOADS in just one lesson, it's probably the lesson I have to do the most writing in...
Just go and see him outside of the lesson and ask about the work you missed.
Reply 8
I think you need to go and see your teacher outside of class time. I know that you had problems at home and that it wasn't your fault, but it would be unfair on the rest of your class for the teacher to stop everything just for you whereas if you see him outside of lesson time, you will have more time and can prove that you want to catch up.

I think your idea of going to him after the lesson and mentioning that you think he's ignoring you and explaining yourself will help - but remember to stay calm. :smile:

Good luck!
Im in elementry haveing tec issues and my teacher is just saying
she just flat our]t ignoren g me
Original post by Skept123scar
she just flat our]t ignoren g me

14 year old thread. You will get more responses if you make a new thread and tell us your problem in more detail there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending