The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Life at Hertfordshire

Hey everyone. In a dilemma about where to go next year, Hertfordshire being one of my favourites! Obviously as many of you probably have I've heard quite negative things about the social side, and yes I know that isn't the 'be all and end all' of choosing a university but for me it is definitely a factor. So I was wondering what is the nightlife like? Is the De Hav accommodation quite lively, and how do people find sharing a flat with 11 people? It seems like it should be but I just want some clarification haha, thaaaanks!!
It depends what you want from the nightlife, if you want to be going to a different club every night of the week its going to be a let down but its students union club is actually pretty good and for 1/2 nights a week is more than enough. You also have the option for arranged coach travel to a few different local clubs every week (in watford and St albans), as well as regular similarly arranged trips to big London clubs.

Social side: I can't speak for de Hav but was walking through the new bellingham court accommodation earlier in the year at 3:30 after we left the student club, there were loads of people still outside and we didn't end up leaving until like 5. Going out at herts is also a lot more social than some other uni's I've visited, I will always end up running into people I know on a night out which didn't really happen when I was visiting friends. (though this is a result of people having limited other options)
(edited 9 years ago)
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by dean01234
It depends what you want from the nightlife, if you want to be going to a different club every night of the week its going to be a let down but its students union club is actually pretty good and for 1/2 nights a week is more than enough. You also have the option for arranged coach travel to a few different local clubs every week (in watford and St albans), as well as regular similarly arranged trips to big London clubs. Social side: I can't speak for de Hav but was walking through the new bellingham court accommodation earlier in the year at 3:30 after we left the student club, there were loads of people still outside and we didn't end up leaving until like 5. Going out at herts is also a lot more social than some other uni's I've visited, I will always end up running into people I know on a night out which didn't really happen when I was visiting friends. (though this is a result of people having limited other options)
Really appreciate your reply, thankyou!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending